Sleeper flashlights vs factory hot rod lights...

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm currently lusting after a Fenix TK75..but this got me thinking,sleeper flashlights are way more fun.

(Modded Maglites,old 1950s lights souped-up with overdriven LEDs..etc.)

I don't have it working anymore,but my Mag85 was the first sleeper light I had.

Wish I could build up a LED "hotwire" 3D Maglite.(don't have the money right now.)

Last edited:

Dadof6

Enlightened
One guy talks about sleeper cells, another one responds with a comment about how he used one and then people go nuts. Let's get back to the real content of the thread.

It is fun to have a light that is a lot brighter than people think. I have had experience when someone thinks they have a bright light, usually a mag, and they irritate the crap out of you by continuously shining it your eyes. After asking them not to do it, you eventually have to shut them up by shining it in their eyes.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have removed 7 posts from this thread relating to one post by enomosiki, and responses to that post. While enomosiki's original post seemed innocuous, it was too over the top, and considered dangerous by others, particularly when interpreted by members who are concerned about the safe use of LED lighting. Use of inflamatory comments by enomosikio in response to his comments is in violation of Rule 4.

Bill

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always loved that about my Mag623 :devil:

It looked like a normal Mag. Even had a "normal" bulb.

Then it set fire to stuff :D

The whole "sleeper" thing is good for a laugh when playing with non-flashaholics.