Dorcy 1AAA

UVLaser

Enlightened
I got one, even though I wasn't suppose to get another light
in the next 5 sundays that we go out. Can I put a 12 volt mini battery in the Dorcy 1AAA like the Quickbeam's mod for the Maglight Solitaire? web pageWhere can I buy the Dorcy 8 LED 2-C from?
I am thinking about like in stores not online. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
This was the first thing I tried when I got my dorcy AAA home as I had just finished my solitaire mod.The light did not burn very bright at all and was about half as bright as the original AAA battery.I do not know why it did not work well as I also thought more power to this light would make it brighter.I guess something inside the light stopped the extra power or something but I am not up on my tech stuff.The 12 volt battery did not work but it was a neat idea.

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Maybe because of the step-up circuit in the Dorcy which is missing in the Solitaire mod?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
uhm the dorcy has a setup circuit to boost the voltage from 1.5 to ~3.6. The solitare mod is just the 12v battery with a resistor to limit current down for the led. I'm surprised you didn't fry the circuitry in the dorcy feeding it 12 volts!