Turbo head for M3...worth it?

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
I am in the lucky position of having about $150.00 or so to spend (birthday money). I was considering the turbohead for the M3. Is it worth the money? I could also get the LED head for the E2E I have.

Decisions, decisions. I like that turbo head though, and I don't really need the LED head for the E2e because I have an ARC aaa, an X5T and an infinity Ultra.

Please help me spend some $$$!

Thanks!

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
OK, I feel dumb!

I KNOW its LED, not LCD...jeez my brain is mush today. I sold LCD products for 12 years now, and I have a bunch of LED flashlights and oh, never mind. I am stupid today.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The TurboHead for the M3 is well worth it!

The KT4 for the M3 give you signicantly better beam throw, increases light intensity and gives you the ability to really use your SureFire outside.

In my opinion, the M3T is one of SureFires best models. Short, light-weight, compact, tough, reliable, abuse resistant and with great beams of long throw producing beams of intense brilliant white light, there are no other flashlights able to compete let allow compete with the M3T.

Invest in a KT4 to make yourself an M3T.

Somewhere online, there are great photos comparing the standard bezel with the TurboHead. I think it's New-ARguy on www.AR15.com lights and lasers forum who took and posted them.

Al

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
$150, Hmmm...

I'd get an A2!
smile.gif
Well, ok. PRE-Order an A2.
wink.gif

If not, save up for the M6.
icon14.gif

Remember, the M6 Bezel will fit on the M3, so you will have an M3T as well, you will just have to buy the lamps for the M3T.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should really see where you use your lights. Is it necessary for you? You use it outside? That will give you an idea of what you need to get.
grin.gif

Prolly should have said what you want to get since it's not a needed.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"Turbo head for M3...worth it?"
Worth what?
wink.gif

If you are going to carry the M3 with that bulbous turbohead on your belt or inside a trouser or coat pocket, my answer is no.

"Prolly [probably] should have said what you want to get since it's not a needed."
Likely so.
smile.gif
merlperl is up to twelve posts already; crossing into 'holic territory.
grin.gif
Most members posting to get advice on a perceived or actual need don't get past 10 posts and eventually never post again.

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
OH, I definitely make no pretense about it...I don't need my M3 , let alone the turbo head! I probably dont need more than my ARC AAA! But then, I can probably handle all my cutting needs with one of my kithcen knives or my Leatherman Wave, yet I daily carry my small Sebenza.

I just love anything that is well made....and I like having the best stuff I can afford. I like knives, I buy expensive knives. I like flashlights, ditto. I got into RC cars and spent over $1000.00 buying the best parts fr my 1/13 scale BMW micro!

As far as crossing over, I did so after finding CPF and long before my first post! I think once I get the turbo head I will have everything I need though, and it will be time to move on to other toys.

Yeah, right!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Then ...you didn't have hafta ask the question "...worth it?," did ya?
wink.gif
grin.gif

Welcome aboard. Good to hear from ya. Stay awhile.

BTW, I'm kinda partial to my Mission Knives titanium MPF.
icon14.gif

Regards,
KT

jmm

Newly Enlightened
It might be a lot more fun to beg, borrow or steal another $100 and change, and buy an M6. You can then waste vast amounts of time swapping the heads between that and your M3 while deciding which combination you like best. The M6 with the standard M3 head on it looks so weird it's almost cute.

John

nihraguk

Enlightened
i agree with carpe diem...the M6 is the same length as the M3T, just fatter, and you can always just use the M6's head on the M3 to get an M3T.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi again Merlperl...

Another two cents...
(And a further contribution to your M6 fund...)

The M6 is a spectacular "must-have" Surefire, and at some point you`ll "need" to get one or your life will be forever incomplete.

Getting one now will accordingly serve two highly useful purposes: (i)you can try out the M3T combination to see if that really floats your boat, and (ii) most importantly, no matter how you end feeling about the M3T experiment, you`ll have the beautiful and glorious M6 to handle and fondle!

Enjoy!

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
I see how this works...everyone here but me works for Surefire, ARC, Inova...etc!

One day I will get the M6, but for now I just ordered the Turbo head for the M3 directly from Surefire's website. I thank you all for your input and apologize for not taking you advice!

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
I see how this works...everyone here but me works for Surefire, ARC, Inova...etc!

One day I will get the M6, but for now I just ordered the Turbo head for the M3 directly from Surefire's website. I thank you all for your input and apologize for not taking you advice!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...everyone here but me works for Surefire, ARC, Inova...etc!"

...and we are all adequately compensated. Did you not read the fine print where it states that your CPF membership profile is an employment application with those named companies?

Moderators, please reindoctrinate Member # 2434; correctly this time.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah, and while you're at it, mention to those companies mentioned, I didn't get my pay check this month!!!! :>) TX

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...My M4 head fits on my M3, with the MN16 lamp...The M3 head fits on the M4, but no lamp assembly for that combo...Looks kind of interesting, though...

--dan