• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB aurora lite kit for mm

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those kits are long gone. Also 2* Li-ion batteries pushed to the limit is very dangerous. The 20 min runtime is not that good either.
The mm Pro and Pro+ (Pro+ available at MOUNTAIN EQUIPMENT CO-OPERATIVE) is brighter than the Aurora though probably less yellow than you are used to.
You may have to look for neutral or warm or high CRI tinted LED lights.

j2ledflashlight in Canada has the Fenix LD40 in neutral. This is a 4AA flashlight in a 2x2 side by side configuration.

eliteled in the USA has Fenix LD25-R4 Cree XP-G R4, NW LED 2xAA Model.

batteryjunction in the USA has Terralux Lightstar TruColor High CRI 185 Lumen Uses 2 x AA.
also TerraLUX LightStar 80 - High CRI LED FLashlight - 80 Lumens -Includes 2 x AAA Batteries - Grey or orange though these are dimmer than the aurora.

zebralight in China has SC51c AA Flashlight 85 CRI; SC51w Flashlight AA Neutral White; SC51Fw AA Floody Flashlight Neutral White. These are 1AA but very bright on high.

I have not kept up with the newer manufacturers but look for warm or high CRI LED flashlights at around 200 lumens running 2AA.

Go to your local Home Depot. They will have a Philips display in the home light bulb section. You can see how the newer warm tinted LED bulbs are no longer blue.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
They've been out of production for several years. You might try a WTB in the Marketplace.

Thanks. They have been unavailable for quite a while so I thought I'd try here as its the customized flashlight BST section. Thought that was right as the aurora lite is a customized flashlight. Sorry if I went to the wrong place. I did try the marketplace but apparently I don't have enough posts over there to start a thread

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those kits are long gone. Also 2* Li-ion batteries pushed to the limit is very dangerous. The 20 min runtime is not that good either.
The mm Pro and Pro+ (Pro+ available at MOUNTAIN EQUIPMENT CO-OPERATIVE) is brighter than the Aurora though probably less yellow than you are used to.
You may have to look for neutral or warm or high CRI tinted LED lights.

j2ledflashlight in Canada has the Fenix LD40 in neutral. This is a 4AA flashlight in a 2x2 side by side configuration.

eliteled in the USA has Fenix LD25-R4 Cree XP-G R4, NW LED 2xAA Model.

batteryjunction in the USA has Terralux Lightstar TruColor High CRI 185 Lumen Uses 2 x AA.
also TerraLUX LightStar 80 - High CRI LED FLashlight - 80 Lumens -Includes 2 x AAA Batteries - Grey or orange though these are dimmer than the aurora.

zebralight in China has SC51c AA Flashlight 85 CRI; SC51w Flashlight AA Neutral White; SC51Fw AA Floody Flashlight Neutral White. These are 1AA but very bright on high.

I have not kept up with the newer manufacturers but look for warm or high CRI LED flashlights at around 200 lumens running 2AA.

Go to your local Home Depot. They will have a Philips display in the home light bulb section. You can see how the newer warm tinted LED bulbs are no longer blue.

I planned on using 2x IMR 14500 so they'd be fine at 2a or so. Short runtime doesn't bother me as lights are just for fun to me. I also prefer hotwires to led's. Even high cri and warm ones. I have a nichia 219, warm xp-g, and neutral xm-l so it's not like I believe all led's are a crappy blue colour. I just love incans and wanted a hotrod mm. Thank you for the great advice and Places to look