2013 Preon Revo

RH

Enlightened
Hi All,

So my Preon Revo is still my favorite AAA light. Current regulated and 60 lumens brightness. The problem is, this light is almost 2 1/2 years old and looking a little worse for wear. I guess I was expecting that 2 1/2 years later we would have similar lights that were maybe 2-3 times as bright. Unfortunately, that's not what I'm seeing. Does anyone know of a modern day Preon Revo that puts out 120-180 lumens off of a AAA? Anything on the horizon?

Thanks,
Robert

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The closest thing to the Preon Revo is the Klarus MiX6.
It's virtually the same circuit and build as the old Revo.
But it's only about 85 lumens, like most other high powered AAA lights.

If you want 120-180 lumens(or more), you'll have to get a 2 x AAA light, or else go to a 10440 lithium ion battery.

RH

Enlightened
It just seems ironic that when we have 800+ lumen flashlights in the size of a Surefire P60, that a 2010 AAA flashlight would not have been significantly usurped. Does anyone know who made the revo for four sevens? Was it Nitecore?

Thanks,
Robert

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just seems ironic that when we have 800+ lumen flashlights in the size of a Surefire P60, that a 2010 AAA flashlight would not have been significantly usurped. Does anyone know who made the revo for four sevens? Was it Nitecore?

Thanks,
Robert

The AAA battery simply is too weak to ever supply any real power.
AAA lights will always be weak, unless run off of 10440 Li-Ion
The LED's clearly can get bright enough, but the AAA battery just will never be enough to do it.

The Klarus MiX6 actually IS the Preon Revo, in a slightly different shell with the Klarus name on it.

Lightman2

Enlightened
I have a Klarus mix6 and it is pretty good for a aaa light, three modes plus strobe. I do not use it much at all as my sc51 is the EDC but for what it is the Klarus is a nice little light. I am looking at the 47s preon PO.

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know who made the revo for four sevens? Was it Nitecore?
As far as I know, it was a contract manufacturer who may have produced parts and products for other companies

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Snap, and here all got all excited and thought they were coming out with a new one. Hey 4sevens if you are out there, please make a Revo in Ti and put a 219 in it thanks.