• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Advice for IR 850mn reflector or aspheric torch

cubleycat

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, as per title I am looking for a reflector or aspheric torch to fit an osram oslon black IR 850mn diode into.

I decided to convert the Cluson Clu briter which has a very tight beam but I am sure someone will have a suggestion for something better. The Clu briter
has incredible range with an osram oslon black IR 850mn diode into it, I have an IR sensitive sony cctv camera and I could see a good image out to 500 yards on 3x mag on the rifle scope but as you know the more you zoom in on an optical device the more light it needs. The Clu briter is excellent even with the original driver fitted, we have been trying for so time to find a good aspheric lens until my friend suggested we might need an IR compatable aspheric lense so with the knowledge that the Cluson Clu briter had a fantastic beam with a white LED we thought it was worth a try and it is better than any aspheric I have found to date.
I have made a very nice compact IR torch which is good for upto 150yards with IR an osram oslon black IR 850mn diode in it driven by 1amp dim-able driver (same diode used in the clu briter)
Some people are using 66mm ahorton aspheric lens's and getting good results.

What I am looking for is either a complete inexpensive torch to put an IR osram oslon black into with an aspheric lens or a reflector but as compact as possible ie around 30-40mm diameter which will give a mega tight beam and if possible zoom-able too. I will be using a driver like this http://octopart.com/ldu2430s1000-xp+power-11705120 powered buy a 12volt pack which runs the camera and screen too

To give you an idea what I have tried so far I have used a £10 T6 led torch off ebay with a 30mm aspheric which works quiet well and another 5 that didnt work so well! I have used the Clu briter which is very very good but a bit on the large side

I am in the UK so items from china are fine but from the US they must be under customs price limit or stuff gets held up and expensive. UK stock would be ideal:)

Any advice will be gladly appreciated and ignored:devil: NO NO only kidding I will not ignore you, just my wicked scene of humour:sssh:

ATB
Emma