QVXfC5C.jpg

Z1Z2v05.jpg

VME head - bare aluminum
Aleph 1 x 123 power pack - bare aluminum
Aleph tailcap (standard) - bare aluminum
McClicky switch
Malkoff M361 L-M-H
3.75 inches long

It took me a while to locate the parts I wanted but I'm pretty pleased with the result. The tailcap provides a decent tactical hold, the entire light has a good weight and feels substantial but not heavy, and IMHO it's the sexiest little 1 x 123 light I've seen.

- Tim

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a beauty.... brings back fond memories of chamber pipes ;-)

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually, not a big fan of bare aluminum lights...BUT, I must agree with all others...that is a thing of beauty! Where did you get a bare VME head? Or is that TI?

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. To me, it has the perfect blend of beauty and beast. It's like a little chrome tank :)

That's a beauty.... brings back fond memories of chamber pipes ;-)

LOL, it does indeed.

Usually, not a big fan of bare aluminum lights...BUT, I must agree with all others...that is a thing of beauty! Where did you get a bare VME head? Or is that TI?

It is a stock aluminum VME head, never anodized or stripped and as naked as the day it came off the lathe :grin2:

I've been corresponding with Jim from Valiant Concepts for a while about some stuff unrelated to this light. Recently, I mentioned that I was putting this little monster together and had tried stripping the anodizing off both a VME head and a E to C adapter (for use with a different head) and was unhappy with the results. I told him that the VME head really was the one to complete the look and I hoped he'd consider making a run of them. As it turned out, he's a heck of a nice guy and I just got stupidly lucky. He happened to have one bare head in his shop which he was willing to part with. Since he doesn't sell them in this finish, it's the only one I'm aware of that's out in the wild.

I told him when I received the head that I'd be posting photos on CPF and that I'd make it clear that this was a one-off thing. But I also told him that if his retailers (like Malkoff) began getting requests for these and they in turn asked him to produce them, I'd happily take the blame :crackup: So, if you're hoping for one, start bugging his vendors!

- Tim

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Nice. Where did you buy the aleph body and tail cap.

The Aleph body came from a CPFM sale. That light arrived with a different tailcap and a stock black anodized VME head.
I got the tailcap in the picture from the Sandwich Shoppe where there are enough Aleph parts available to build one from scratch.

- Tim