driver help

striker578

Newly Enlightened
I have a 1.25 445nm driver but I have a problem with certain batteries. When I use Two LR123A GTL Batteries rated at 2000mAh installed the laser will quickly start Flashing and then shut down. If I use batteries rated at 1200mAh it laser and driver work fine. Is there something I missed during the build? Any help is greatly appreciated.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would bet those GTL LR123a batteries are not able to supply that kind of power. Recommend buying some IMR cells capable of higher discharge: IMR16340. Can't go wrong with AW brand ;-) 16340 cells won't have capacities of 2000mAh, or even 1200mAh. Those are marketing lies to trick people into thinking they are better, and is a good sign that if they are so desperate to sell, perhaps it is because they cannot sell based on the merits of the product alone.

striker578

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Bshanahan14rulz, those GTL Ll123A batteries are probably only good for a flash camera. I think they dump their load too quickly at high amperage draw. I notice if I use a single one in a low mAh green beam it works fine with no cutout. They are useless using two in a High draw unit, even in a Cree Q4 they are useless.

Last edited: