• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 Fundraiser for CPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Fund Raiser for CPF

I love CPF more than any other forum out there. It's not just due to my passion for flashlights. I like knifes, enjoy motorcycles and love guns too. However, I just found the people at CPF to be the best! Most of you guys are polite, friendly, honest, responsive, professional, understanding, knowledgeable, and very much simply cool. CPF also allows me to make some extra money. Let's not forget that. ;-)

There are only a handful of great memories that I have in my life where I knew it would be great memories while it was happening. The other great memories to me now weren't great at the time.

Example 1: Skipping school in 11th​ grade. At the time it was nothing. But now to think back its great memories.

Example 2: On my first date with my current girlfriend we walked across the I90 bridge at night in the rain (4 years ago). Who does that when they first met?! I knew at the time it would be great memories even as it was happening.

Being here at CPF right now typing this I know this moment and time with CPF will be great memories to me for the rest of my life. It's a true blessing to be able to recognize this kind of Joy and Happiness as it occurs.

So why am I typing all these cheesy stuff? In order to say Thank You to CPF I would like to propose a long term fundraiser plan for CPF.

If you subscribe to CPF as a supporter, any type of supporter, you will get 2% discount with anything you buy from me!

You can become a supporter for as little as $2.50!!!

You also get extra privileges from CPF when you become a supporter too!

I right now have up to 300 Private messages ;-)

If you buy anything from me your savings will easily pay for the subscription itself.

My Newsletter subscriber's usually get a discount and promotions for things I sell. You can stack this 2% on top of the newsletter discount! Say there is a 5% discount in my Newletter, you can save up to 7% discount by subscribing as supporters to me and CPF.

If you are already a CPF subscribed supporter then your 2% discount is active now!

Thank You very much for reading this and please consider my offer. Together we can give back to CPF a bit of the gift CPF has given us.

Wayne

Subscribe to CPF here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/payments.php

Last edited:

pharmbob

Newly Enlightened
What a great idea. I enjoyed reading your post very much. I too feel good about this forum.
I have just signed up!

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many members are supporters...how much money does that total per year...where does it go...and how does this sum compare to the amount of money that is drawn in through the advertisements and thru-clicking on these?

Until these questions are answered, I don't feel comfortable donating. I don't think a forum that benefits from paid advertising should also take donations from members unless it can be shown to go directly to forum maintenance. That may have been the case in the past...it may be the case now...I just don't know.

I won't donate money to a forum (owner) unless it is essentially on a volunteer capacity, donating their time (and maybe even money) to keeping the forum open. If would love to find out if our donations are needed to keep CPF running...or to keep an owner's house paid, car paid, or whatever else.

Otherwise, I will keep paying full price to you...who is actually making the lights which draw the members in, allowing the owner to sell ads...and thereby keeping CPF vital and alive.

Keep doing what you are doing, V!!

obi

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
While Obijuan (very cool that your post count was 777) makes a good point, my motivation to support CPF (in my own small way) was mainly due to the help I have received on my current 6P-sized project, over on the machining section. There is extremely valuable information available to us.

I like supporting those things that I like, whether it be an online forum, a band - things like that.
~D

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
this actually will pay for itself rather quickly

say you buy a $160 light from vinh
a 2% discount is $3.20
forum subscription only cost 2.50$ for 30 days

you just saved 70 cents - SAVINGS BEGINS with FIRST purchase

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Exactly! I call this a Nguyen-Nguyen (win-win) situation.

this actually will pay for itself rather quickly

say you buy a $160 light from vinh
a 2% discount is $3.20
forum subscription only cost 2.50$ for 30 days

you just saved 70 cents - SAVINGS BEGINS with FIRST purchase

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If you plan to buy anything from me I strongly urge you to subscribe to my newsletter and to CPF for discounts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts