Seasons Greetings!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
desertxmas.gif

Seasons Greatings from Roy in Texas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
fce65fc9.gif

Don't scare Santa with your lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best wishes to all for the Holidays!

And don't let the kids watch this really scary Christmas movie:

homealon.jpg

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda, That's mean! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Hilarious, and perhaps true, but mean! What did little Kevin do to deserve that!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I'll have to show your creation to some friends. They'll probably laugh their a$$ off like I did!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, I hung three sets of Forever Bright lights in my window (a set of 6-color 70 lamp C6 lens, a set of 4-color 35 lamp C6 lens, and a set of 35 lamp blue Mini Ice lens) last night, and today, I hung a set of 2001 Forever Bright lights (3-color 70 lamp tombstone lens) along the outside of my doorframe, and hung this big-*** wreath on the outside of my door. But not before I figured out that wreath blocks both peepholes. :\
And I bought one of those poinsettia plants today - I usually keep them going for several years and then some kind of bug gets them. Last year, they croaked because I wasn't home to care for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was going to put up a phoney Christmas tree today, but I don't know where to put the blasted thing. So this might be the first year I don't get a Christmas tree up (by choice, anyway - I didn't get one up last year because I wasn't at home). But we'll see...

(Edit, around 5:10pm PST)
I got the Christmas tree out of the closet and went to set it up, only to find out there isn't a stand for it. And I don't know where my C7 1/2 light string is either, so those GE D36 Satin Bright bulbs I bought in late summer will have nowhere to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guess I'd better root around the closet and find that stuff...gives me a good excuse to use the Firebug or Super Baby Pin or the eternaLight EliteMax flashlights I recently received for testing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit again, around 9:47pm PST)
Using the Super Baby Pin, I looked and did not find the articles I was looking for. Guess I'll have to buy another Christmas tree stand and a set of C7 1/2 Christmas bulbs, if I have the money, of course.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(Edit again, next day around 2:31pm PST)
Ok, I went to Wallgreen's and bought a Christmas tree stand and a set of C7 1/2 Christmas lights. So maybe tonight I'll get the tree up.

(Edit yet again, about 5:23pm PST)
Finally got the $(%^U&@ing stand put together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif The eyebolts on it are too short to reach the tree trunk or the piece of broom handle I have in its bottom. So I wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the base of the tree "trunk", and sawed off about 1" of broom handle. Now I need to wind yet more tape around the bottom of the tree (because I sawed off too much broom handle), and try it again.

Lights?
I think I'll use several 50- and 100-bulb sets of incandescent miniatures, several strings of Forever Brights, and a string of C7 1/2 bulbs with my four GE Satin Bright bulbs in it.

Somewhere around here, I have a box with garland and some other horse puckey in it...I already found a box with some Christmas balls in it; many of which my mother made for me. At least I know those are safe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And hopefully they'll go on the tree tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
xmas20.jpg

Ok, the tree's up.
Right now, just the lights.
Four strings of Forever Bright LED Christmas light sets, a set of incandescent miniature chasing lights, and a set of C7 1/2 bulbs that I'll add my GE D36 bulbs to when I find them. No garland or Christmas balls yet.

The largest bulbs you see in the picture are the C7 1/2 blubs, the medium sized ones plus all the white ones are Forever Bright, and the smallest ones are the incandescent miniatures.

(Edit, next day around 12:24pm PST)
I hung up all of the Christmas balls I could find, and a short time ago, found those GE D36 Satin Bright bulbs I bought over the summer, and replaced 4 of the bulbs on the C7 1/2 set with the Satan Brights. I don't know where the tree topper, the garland, or the other box of Christmas balls went, so I guess I'll have to go without them this year. Guess that's about it for the Christmas decorating this year, unless I decide to hang up some more incandescent miniature light sets.

(Edit again, around 2:43pm PST)
xmas21.jpg

Here's a new picture of the tree, with the ornaments and the Satin Bright bulbs on it.
Since I don't know where the tree topper is, I guess my Arc-AAA RGB will fill that role. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
Very nice, Craig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you very, very much!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif