Paul Kim's PKFL2LE?

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul Kim's PKFL2LE

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone has seen or managed to snag one of these yet? It is a pity it is "(available only in Hong Kong)"... Would be nice if it was available on CPFMP too... :whistle:

12967911305_7c6987dcaf_c.jpg

Brochure courtesy of PK Design Lab

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think Supremeco in Hong Kong would be a good place to check. They have a famous PK homage showcase with many of his Surefire prototypes.

Anybody in Mong Kok able to drop by and inquire?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should have had some type of tailcap shroud, triad like but more aggressive to match the rest of that lunacy!

dss_777

Enlightened
Looks more like a sex toy than a daily use flashlight.

What's Klingon for "PKFL2LE Limited Edition"?

That's what it should be named...

Esko

Enlightened
Paul Kim FlashLight 2 Limited Edition

At least the naming policy seems to be pretty simple. :grin2: Assuming that the Foxfury flashlight with 4 additional blue emitters was number 1, of course...

Pretty racy design, but that is what his style seems to be today. His tactical pen is even racier. Two design patents pending for this flashlight? I assume that there will be more than the 1000 limited edition flashlights with this design.

This is his first flashlight under the PK Design Lab brand. I assume that it must be very tough and very high quality. However, there is more than one feature and factor why I am not personally interested in this light (starting from the fact that it is powered by CR123A).

Looking forward to the possible release of PK PL2, the single AAA flashlight that he gave to a CPF member in Shot Show. :)

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes, not sure about that one. Lots going on there. :crazy:

I think like the icons, these are a little more about the art/sculpture than a real need for them to be shaped like that. Okay with me, looks pretty cool.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, he did mention in a Facebook comment that he was sticking to the same 2xCR123 from his former company due to familiarity of that format. And also added that it would run off 17670s if need be.

Yup, thanks, Vox Clamatis in Deserto! Yup, Supremeco is one of PKlab's distributors. Will try to get some friends in HK to check it out.

Well, nobody is going to complain that this light is boring looking. I find it strangely appealing. Even with an MSRP of US$190.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also think it's interesting how commercialized his poster is. No mention of the actual led or internal specs. Maybe after the first 1000 he will be a little less candid?

I think it looks darn good though.

Edit:a quick browse in his gallery shows me an XML2.

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing the pictures, krayman! :thumbsup:

I see they're on sale now in HK.
"Designed by PK / Made in China" on the "brown box w/ black marking"...
*In God We Trust* on the tail-cap...
:thinking: :rolleyes: :shrug:

Hmm... I'm looking forward to getting mine ;)

pk

Photon King
Paul Kim FlashLight 2 Limited Edition

At least the naming policy seems to be pretty simple. :grin2: Assuming that the Foxfury flashlight with 4 additional blue emitters was number 1, of course...

Pretty racy design, but that is what his style seems to be today. His tactical pen is even racier. Two design patents pending for this flashlight? I assume that there will be more than the 1000 limited edition flashlights with this design.

This is his first flashlight under the PK Design Lab brand. I assume that it must be very tough and very high quality. However, there is more than one feature and factor why I am not personally interested in this light (starting from the fact that it is powered by CR123A).

Looking forward to the possible release of PK PL2, the single AAA flashlight that he gave to a CPF member in Shot Show. :)
It's designed to utilize ALL of my X companies accessories. Even tailcap can be swapped between old and younger brother.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light looks like it would tear up your pants pockets.

And probably the bad guy's pants pockets too!

That PKL86..E2.. whatever the thing is called, is defensive art that lights the night. How cool is that? And coming from the mind of a major progenitor of the modern flashlight industry, it has my respect.