LED Flashlight seems to be going nuts.

shinebright

Newly Enlightened
So last week I lend my little flashlight to a technician, as he was checking for leaks in the ceiling.
Soon after, he told me that my battery is flat.

I grab my little flashlight and its REAL HOT. Suspecting he turn onto full mode for a really really long time.
After I cooled it down and tried turning it on, the lights seems to be dimmed. Real dim like a really weak and sick flashlight.

I checked my battery and it was fine. So currently I suspect there is something wrong with the board.
Anyone had experience this before? Feels really heartbroken for lending my babe to others.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, shinebright! :wave:

What model flashlight, and what kind of battery? (alkaline / NiMH / other). How did you check the battery? Have you tried a fresh battery in the light? Anything else you (or that technician) noticed or tried?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had this happen once - turned out to be a fried driver. Low mode was the only thing that worked from that point forward until I had it repaired.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
This happened to me with my Jetbeam BK135a.

Brand new light. Turned it on high power for 5 minutes. Got hot. Light went out. Looking into the front of the light I could see the emitter was actually lighting... but only extremely dimly. Turns out the driver was fried. Had to send it to get a replacement driver.