MAG-TAC Battery Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alone In The Dark

Newly Enlightened
I would like to purchase a charger and rechargeable batteries for my two Maglite MAG-TAC flashlights. I have been searching on both CPF and the Internet, but so far I have not come across a whole lot in the way of recommendations. I am therefore reaching out to the experts here for some suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Alone In The Dark

Newly Enlightened
I am presently leaning toward the recommendations provided on Robin24k's website.

Lithium-phosphate LFP123A's are the safest type of rechargeable 123A, and we've had great results with the batteries from K2 Energy.
I haven't been able to find better lithium-phosphate 123As than the K2 Energy LFP123A. You can get them from SureFire or direct from K2 Energy [...link removed per forum rules...]. House Of Batteries [...link removed per forum rules...] supplies SureFire, but I'm not sure if they have minimum quantity requirements. I got my charger kit from SureFire and additional batteries from K2 Energy.
UltraFire batteries are dangerous to begin with, regardless of what application, because the manufacturer is known for poor QC and repurposing used batteries. Most 123A lights are not designed to be used with 3.6V or 3.7V lithium-ion batteries if compatibility is not stated by the manufacturer.If you want to use rechargeable cells in the MAG-TAC, we recommend K2 Energy lithium-phosphate LFP123A as they are much safer than lithium-ion.

Before I commit to ordering a charger and lithium-phosphate batteries from Surefire, however, I would appreciate some additional thoughts, suggestions, and discussion from the rest of you.

Alone In The Dark

Newly Enlightened
I just moved this thread to the "Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included" section of the forum. Here is a direct link:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?387401-MAG-TAC-Battery-Help-Needed

I apologize for the double posting, but it seems that this fits better in the other section. I am still learning my way around this forum. I would offer to lock this thread, but I apparently do not have that permission enabled on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.