What color PT Surge and TEC 40 to buy?

LightHearted

Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a PT Surge and TEC 40 combo and was looking for advice on the color of each. I've narrowed it down to either black (cool and covert factor) or yellow (easy to find).

What color PT lights do you own and why? PT owners please chime in.

Thanks,
Ken
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
The PT yellow is extremely brilliant and maybe fluorescent. It doesn't literally glow in the dark, but even in dim illumination it really jumps out at you. It's not anything like those amber industrial flashlights you're used to. If your usage includes setting the light down in random places and having to pick it up again, the yellow really helps. This is especially true of smaller lights that are easier to misplace. For bigger ones that you don't leave around, it doesn't matter as much, and maybe you don't want something so obtrusive.

I've had Blasts in black, blue, and yellow. I have a Surge in black which is in a fixed location so I don't expect to have to search around for it.

illumiGeek

Enlightened
The yellow is fluorescent. It lights up very brightly when exposed to a UV LED.

I have a Yellow and a "Granite" which is a light gray with dark speckles. I like both colors, but the yellow is deffinitely easier to find.

Aloha, iG

AZMAN

Newly Enlightened
Where do you plan on buying Princeton Tec products?

I have been planning to buy and was wondering where the best deals are.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Blue Surge, Blast, Tec40, and Attitude here. Cause I like blue and don't have a problem with losing lights. Why not get one of each color? You can always buy more later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

LightHearted

Enlightened
Texastacticalsupply.com has the surge for $20. Unfortunately, they no longer carry the Tec 40. Found one on ebay for $9.99 plus postage though. Maybe I'll get a PT Rage from them as well.