LX2 Discontinued?

norcmcp

Newly Enlightened
I've had my eye on the LX2 for a few years now, but I never bought one ($147 is A LOT to drop on a flashlight.) However, I was looking at the listings for it and OpticsPlanet and MidwayUSA listed it as discontinued. It's still on SF's website, and is available from B&H and LAPoliceGear. Whats up? Is is discontinued/going to be and everyone is just selling their backstock, or is it still going strong? I want to make sure I don't miss out on it like I did with the Z2 and A2 Incan :mecry: Thanks!

FPSRelic

Enlightened
The EB2 Tactical is more or less an updated version of the LX2.

More or less is a good way to put it. More output on high, less output on low. Bottom line is I use my LX2 over my EB2T because I can do 98% of what I need with it's low mode, whereas I find the low mode of the EB2 to be too low, forcing me to use it's high mode, which ends up being too high. Seeing this post makes me wonder if I should buy a backup to my LX2 now, before they go the way of the dodo like the L1's did.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Discontinue, I hope not. I even wish they'd update it with a modern emitter, putting out 50 and 300 plus lumens.
I use mine with 16650s, did a runtime test and got 4 hours(!) before output dropped significantly. Awesome combo, mine is now in my bag next to me as I type this.