GX25L2 Connection Problems

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
So, bottom line, I've lost the lower modes on my Eagletac GX25L2. I have Turbo and an intermittent High mode as long as I don't put any pressure on the head of the light. I have cleaned all contact surfaces very thoroughly multiple times. I'm not sure if this is a contact issue, a problem with my specific light, or a problem with the interface design. I'm not too worried about getting those modes back as I only got this light for the momentary UI of the switch and the Turbo mode to be honest. That's all I really need for work. My purpose in sharing this is incase any others have had similar issues and we can fix it here.

The other issue that I have off and on is the battery voltage indicator. I do a quick equipment check at the start of every shift to make sure I'm good to go and every once in a while the voltage indicator will flash red saying the battery is low and needs to be charged. If I unscrew and rescrew the tailcap back on to the light, everything reads fine. That's one thing I'm a little worried about to be honest. I don't need my light turning into a pipe bomb when it's charging because the voltage reader is having a bad day.

As a quick side note, this light has seen more than its fair share of a beating, including being used to knock out a car window. Just fyi incase that has any bearing on why it's on the fritz.