Energizer Titaniums wont work in PT40, why?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, i got some new batteries for a Christmas stocking stuffer, and they were Engergizer Titaniums.. so i figured i'd refresh some of my AA flashlights, namely the PT40.. the light just wouldn't turn on.

put the Duracells back in, and it went on just fine.. and the Energizer Titaniums work in other lights perfectly..

any particular reason they don't run the PT40? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The negative end of the battery may not stick out far enough to make contact with the bottom of the flashlight. Try dropping some aluminum foil in the bottom to improve the contact.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahh.. see, that CROSSED my mind, but when i shook the PT40 i didn't hear any battery-rattle so i thought that might not be the problem.

guess i'll have to try it out. thanks guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

illumiGeek

Enlightened
Yea. Same thing happens with most rechargable batteries. The early PT lights (PT40/PT20) don't like batteries with a flat rear end. I have a newer PT40 that does work with rechargables, so maybe they fixed the problem (either that, or I just got a "lucky" light).

Warric

Newly Enlightened
i have 2 tec 40. a newer verison (black) and an older one (olive drab). the black one don't accept engerizers now. but last time it can, may be the metal piece at the bottom has been compressed. the olive drab accepts all batts. i also notice that both tec 40's metal piece are different. black has a smooth shiny look, while olive drab is a rugged and non-reflective surface.