Can You Help Me ID This Surefire Model?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I was visiting an old store that had some old surefire flashlights but they are charging original list so I don't know if these old models are worth it. The pictures below show a box containing an avaiator with blue led. Can you tell if from the box if this is a four flat or just a newer model? He's charging $195
95d89de72fd3ad3d3b39c0d0b6c2f933.jpg
88db49cd2be9cc7cd0eeed157dd3fdcc.jpg

I also wonder if the 22 lumen L1 or the 2 x AA 80/3 lumen outdoorsman are worth more than original list now? I'm not looking to sell these. I didn't even buy them yet. I just wonder if full original price is more than current value. Thanks.

Last edited:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old 4 flats Aviator had an incand. main bulb - that looks like the current Aviator with an older main LED
The same is probably true for the E2L AA just an older LED
Neither should be worth more than original list price as they are outdated

The L1 could be collectible depending on the generation I think there have been 7 generations of the L1
I couldn't tell you what gen the L1 is based on output alone
Read more here

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thank you so much. I was stupid not to notice it is an led aviator. The box looked older than the incandescent aviators he had in stock. Those were in the clear packets and I do not think they are 4 flat...of course I cannot tell for sure because they are in those packages. They were all white white and I was actually looking for white red anyway.

The L1 is in a box so I probably will not be able to tell which gen it is unless there is some trick from the outside of the box.

The 80 lumen outdoorsman AA is apparently not worth list price from what I can see looking up old sales in cpfmp.

Sounds like you saved me a lot of $ on a futile effort to grab some lights that would at least be worth what I paid if I don't like them.