Diving CREE XM-l T6 3 mode flashlight -help

dusic.dejan

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,
I am new here and I need help.
I bought diving CREE flashlight form China. I know your comments, but for 10 euros it is ok for me....
Everything is ok but I want to modify 3 mod to 1 mod ( full light).
Can, anyone, tell me what should I do on driver circuit board to get 1 mod ? Full light, without strobe and medium light.
Time is problem. I have to go in "water" for spearfishing, soon.
So, I will attach picture of my flashlight ( parts).
cam01438.jpg
cam01440.jpg
cam01439.jpg
cam01441.jpg

Thanks in advanced.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, that's kind of a tall order. You'd have to have somebody recognize the driver board, and know how to hack it. There are some boards like that, but your chances that this is one of them are pretty slim.

You might be able to bypass the microprocessor that controls the modes (it's the biggest part on the board, that 8-pin chip) and go to just on/off, but someone would have to sit down and analyze the circuit and figure out what can be done and how to do it.

Is this one of those 'continuously variable' lights? It looks like the control mechanism might be magnetic. Does the tab on the board line up with the button slider on the outside of the head?

dusic.dejan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for replay.
Yes, this is the one. Magnetic mechanism is on outside of the head.
Ok, I will try to make bypass with resistor.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a long shot to try.

Over in Budgetlight forums there was a mod of a similar driver where the chip was fooled to work to single mod...

have a look there

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
You already disassembled everything, so simply go to dealextreme, or Kaidomain, or whomever,
and get a single mode driver instead of the original one

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the component on that tab is the hall-effect sensor for the continuously-variable slide switch. You won't find a driver like this anywhere else. You'll have to hack this one. Unfortunately, that could be very difficult or impossible.

Are there any components on the other side of the driver?