Would this work on my flashlight ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I was watching a shopping network where they were selling HA cookwear.

They said if you get any "marks" on the HA surface, just take a pencil eraser and it will "erase" the mark off!

I have a SF E2-HA flashlight they has some marks from EDC on the HA surface.

Will the cookwear "eraser" technique work on my flashlight, or will it just make it worse?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Thanks.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... i don't know, but usually i find it hard to believe what I see on the home shopping network... Having said that, if you do decide to give it a go, pls do let us know how it goes, thanks!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i dont' see how a pencil eraser could make it worse.

what kind of marks are we talking about here? the only marks my ha lights have are scratches or dings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
I'll be dammed, it works (I have an E-1e and it has some light blemishes on the HA and rubbing them with an eraser made them either barely noticeable or vanish completely) doesn't work on scratches that go all the way to the bare aluminum though of course.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you scratch HA with something that is not has hard as the HA (and it doesn't cause the Aluminium to deform), bits of what you scratched with will remain on, and show as a mark on the HA. HA is not a solid totally flat surface - it's a growth. The machining surface is not totally flat either.

Using an eraser or a bit of water on a cloth can remove the things like metal and plastic caught in the surface texture.

Look at the HA surface under a bench microscope - it's really rather rough!

Al