• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: Surefire classic M3 and Gray E2e - fully customized (HUGE price drop)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, I know I haven't been around in a while, but it's good to be back, even for a little bit, and I'm glad to see CPF doing so well!

Times change and I think I need to release some lights to new homes that will treasure them. Don't worry.. I still have plenty that I love :)

The lights in a nutshell (the TL;DR version):

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/avny68hfi74mglo/AABgoV5GTViofHr-NodanhcSa
$225, Surefire classic M3 with hex/finned bezel, 225 lumen single-stage dropin, classic tailcap gutted and converted to clickie, OverReady Delrin tailstand guard and pocket clip, lanyard.

SOLD to a new home - $150, Surefire E2e GRAY - with teardrop bezel, 275 lumen single-stage dropin, Z52 tailcap gutted and converted to clickie to preserve appearances since gray Z57s were nearly impossible to find.

Includes batteries, and shipping, and I'm kicking myself for letting them go at these prices... be kind ;)

---- the full description if you have time ----

M3 CombatLight:
This is one of the great old rare classics now. It came to me as its second owner ten years ago (what, has that much time passed already?) and has seen a lot of upgrades over the years. I no longer have the original incandescent lamps, but it now has a cool white LED dropin, 225 lumens, possibly up to 3 hours. I can't remember from who, but this was professionally made, far better than my own soldering work. :D and it has only one power level so you know what you're getting whenever you push the button.

Tailcap was gutted and converted to a clickie, and it has been fitted with a delrin 'tailstand' guard that also packs a pocket clip. If I recall correctly, these were OverReady parts (although my memory is hazy)

Interior is NOT bored and takes only 2 x 17500 cells or regular 3 x CR123, which this drop-in will run on as well.

Most of all, due to the age of this light, it has the classic hex bexel with fins, before they changed to the newer scalloped/impact bezel designs. Shock isolated bezel is intact, never modified, and there's no reason why it can't take an incandescent lamp if you should be able to find one. I believe LumensFactory may still be making compatible lamps.

Comes with original Surefire lanyard and the ring to attach it to the light.

Light has a little bit of wear around the bezel but otherwise looks in excellent condition. Definitely guilty of sitting on the shelf too long.

Willing to send the light to a nice new home for Paypal, (WAS: $350, NOW $225) shipped to US/UK/AU/Europe (please inquire about other destinations; there are some places I don't ship to, sorry!)

Gray E2e:

Teardrop bezel and 2-tone finish. The light has been this way since the day I bought it (1st owner) but I think it was not intentional, just two different batches of anodizing. Unlike most E2e lights, this one has the teardrop bezel: which hints at it being assembled from 2 batches. It is what it is. :)

Other things it Is: Z52 tailcap was gutted and replaced with an aftermarket clickie.
Still looks stock, but has a forward click now, just like the M3.

Front end: the bulb is gone, replaced by a TNT Designs SingLED 3.7-6V Cree XP-G2 cool white which pushes around 275 lumens and a very pleasantly broad beam pattern with the original reflector. It has one power level: max. Simplicity :)

This dropin was specially designed for the teardrop bezel, which is distinctly different (flat interior, see photos) compared to the other later E-series hex bezels. Like the M3, the bezel remains intact and can be retrofitted with a suitable incan if you wish.

This light takes 17670 rechargeables and has used them nearly for all of its working life.

Light has minor dings because I actually used this one, but nothing serious. Couple of minor nicks on the bezel and tailcap, but generally in excellent condition.

Similarly, Paypal, (WAS: $250, NOW: $150) shipped to US/UK/AU/Europe (please inquire about other destinations; there are some places I don't ship to, sorry!)

Last edited:

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Re: Surefire classic M3 and Gray E2e - fully customized

Nice ...good luck with the sale:thumbsup:

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Price drop - M3 for $320, E2e for $220. Any takers? :) (PM me)

I'll throw in a set of AW's excellent lithium ion rechargeables, loaded in each light so they're ready to use out of the box.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

What, no love for the great classics anymore? even with free batteries? ;) like, you can't exactly get the M3 anymore, much less the rare finned bezel :p

OK....last and final price drop and thread bump all in one. $275 for the M3. $195 for the E2e. Or I might just have to find them new homes back on my shelf again ;)

Might also be willing to trade specifically for a Fenix TK61 and the difference by Paypal. I wouldn't mind something with insane throw.
Or the new USB-rechargeable ARP-L2/ARP-L5 pack for the Fenix TK75 (if this unicorn does exist in the wild).

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last call, really last call. I think I'm going to get smacked soon for rehashing this thread ;)

$150 for the E2e. $225 for the M3. These are the 'you gotta be kidding' prices. Still includes the free batteries and all the goodies.