CL25R Update?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have submitted our quantities ordered so they are getting close to shipping. We ask almost every day so we are staying on top of it. As soon as Fenix provides the images, we will post, open preorders, and CPF knows first. Lots of people chomping at the bit for this release!

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I have a question regarding the moonlight mode. Does the light have instant access to the moonlight mode directly from off without one has to cycle through the modes, or does it always start on the last mode used? :thinking:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are opening preorders tomorrow, May 8. Because of the high interest in this light, you will do well to pre-order early. Lots of anticipation on this new little lantern.

Thanks, everyone!

Any news on your end on availability?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
We will ask the engineers and post the answer when we hear back from them. In the specs, there's no mention of "intelligent memory."

I have a question regarding the moonlight mode. Does the light have instant access to the moonlight mode directly from off without one has to cycle through the modes, or does it always start on the last mode used? :thinking:

1DaveN

Enlightened

My boss and I just got tracking numbers for orders placed yesterday, so if you don't get a definitive answer by the time they arrive, I'll post back and let you know.

I'm guessing the Fenix guys are busy packing boxes :)

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, guys. We missed this question on here. I'll get an exact answer from Fenix. They did send us this info:

"The color temperature of the white LED is from 3500K to 4000K."

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to cycle to it.

markr6

Flashaholic

I really don't see the point of moonlight if you can't get to it immediately. Hopefully it is possible.

Otherwise, it's "OK everyone, close your eyes until I cycle thru all these modes and reach moonlight unless you want to be blinded". It may sound extreme, but when you're camping and have eyes adjusted to the dark, it's not fun cranking up a bright lantern.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[Fenix] did send us this info:

"The color temperature of the white LED is from 3500K to 4000K."

Interesting. This is a bit warmer than what I would call "neutral white."

I wonder whether this color is only the color of the light from the LED, or if it is it the color of the light that actually makes it through the diffuser to outside world. Assuming the diffuser is not tinted, it is probably both.

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
You have to cycle to it.

That was not good. I think i will skip this light.

I really don't see the point of moonlight if you can't get to it immediately. Hopefully it is possible.

Otherwise, it's "OK everyone, close your eyes until I cycle thru all these modes and reach moonlight unless you want to be blinded". It may sound extreme, but when you're camping and have eyes adjusted to the dark, it's not fun cranking up a bright lantern.

I agree fully. The reason that i buy lights with a moonlight mode is because i want the option to start it by choice at moonlight mode directly from of in order to save my night vision.

How could they get everything so right.......and then go so wrong. Bummer.

That is exactly how i think.

markr6

Flashaholic
Any other campers/backpackers will know - when you wake up at 3am when nature calls, the last thing you want is anything above 1lm in the pitch dark!

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

I could be wrong here, but I am thinking fenix store meant that it doesn't have memory and all modes have to be cycled starting from moonlight. Hopefully fenix store will clarify this for everyone with more explanation. I got my shipping notice so I will let everyone know after I receive mine next week. It either has memory or doesn't, so it will either always start on moonlight or the last mode used. Either way, you should be able to start on moonlight every time if you want to, at least the way I understand it.