• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Spyderco Sages, Northwoods Madison Barlow (2 blade)

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD First up is a very nice Northwoods (made by GEC) Madison Barlow with blue camel bone covers. I'm selling this only because it is a larger knife than I realized, and I'll be getting a smaller model (Willamette Whittler). This is a bit big for "gentleman's folder" unless you happen to be Andre the Giant. As a working knife, it would be great, if you could bear to put scratches or dings on it.

The knife is in excellent condition, only not saying new because I've opened and closed it a few dozen times, and carried it around for a day or two, in its pocket slip. Still has the factory edge on both blades, and has not been used to cut anything.

The fit and finish on this knife is excellent. Blades are polished. The blades have half-stops. The pull on the main spear point blade is about a 7 or 8. The pull on the drop point secondary blade is, honestly, a 10. Not a nail buster, but pretty close. A little oil would probably lighten this up a bit, but as I was concerned that it was going to be more knife than I needed from the get-go, I did not want to mess with it. Given the ergonomics of this pattern, with the spear blade sitting pretty high above the frame when closed, the secondary blade is not likely to get nearly as much use as the main blade. GEC probably should have made the main blade a drop point, and the spear point as the secondary. Oh well.

Comes with the nice and practical KSF leather pocket slip.

Asking $135 $130 shipped CONUS. And now, pics: SOLD

Madison1_zpsn7lf6tnh.jpg

Madison2_zpsd8whlmvt.jpg

Madison3_zpsjhw2moee.jpg

Madison4_zpsfakwpjge.jpg

Madison5_zpswgouovaa.jpg

Madison6_zps8vixki4l.jpg

Madison7_zpsjqlsjerf.jpg

Madison8_zpsmuhsalw2.jpg

Madison9_zps1sd2qvmc.jpg

Madison10_zps1ojsixsu.jpg

Madison11_zps5pw0dszy.jpg

Madison12_zpsw0afpubf.jpg

Next are two used Spyderco Sage knives. The first is a Sage 1, S30v blade stell, carbon fiber (I think it's a G10 w/carbon fiber overlay) scales. Liner lock. Knife is in very good condition. Carried for several years, but only did light office cutting. Touched up on my sharpmaker a few times, still shaving sharp. The pocket clip has loosened a little bit, still snug on jeans, too loose for dress slacks, probably could be easily tightened by slightly bending it. Asking $80 shipped. SOLD on another forum.

The second is a used Sage 3. Sage Smurf. Discontinued. S30v blade steel. Ambidextrous locking mechanism. Knife is in very good condition. More strenuous cutting tasks than the Sage 1, but well cared for. Blade touched up a few times on the Sharpmaker. No clip on this one. Takes the same wire clip as the other Sage knives; I think you can get one from Sypderco. Asking $80 $75 shipped. SOLD.

You can have both Sages for for $150 shipped.

Sages%201_zpsi0rx3ojq.jpg

Sages%205_zpsf40rqmmj.jpg

Sages%206_zpsfk86i440.jpg

Sages%207_zpsipglimie.jpg

Sages%208_zpswdabmwqb.jpg

Sages%202_zps0wvbieay.jpg

Sages%203_zpswqlmcsuk.jpg

Sasges%204_zpsjykwvzp3.jpg

SOLD Next up, for the more practically/tactically minded is a Zero Tolerance 0566. This is an assisted flippper, so don't buy this if your local authorities will be displeased with you. I carried this knife for about a year, but it saw only very light use, opening a few boxes, breaking down a few boxes, and a little light food prep. The blase has a few hairline scratches, and the edge could use a few passes on a Sharpmaker to bring it back to shaving sharp, but all in all it is in very good condition. Lockup is solid at less than 50%, which is pretty much as it was from the factory. Some wear on the pocket clip, but it still retains its tension. Flips with authority, but those thumbstuds are really blade stops so don't try opening the knife with them-it won't work.

If you've wanted to try one of these for a EDC or knife you can just work hard, but didn't want to pay for factory-new, here's your chance. Asking $75 - $70 $65 shipped CONUS. SOLD

5661_zpswchbijso.jpg

5662_zpsddeeremo.jpg

5663_zpsnyatdzs2.jpg

5664_zpshoebzzx0.jpg

5665_zpsmwhblelz.jpg

5666_zpstuwtotkf.jpg

First "I'll take it" in the thread followed by prompt payment gets it. Please PM with questions and to arrange payment / shipping.

PayPal only please. Shipping CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada only.

Thanks for looking.

Items are for sale on other fora.

Last edited:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Price Drops: Northwoods Madison Barlow (2 blade) and user ZT566

Monday bump with price drops.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Price Drops: Northwoods Madison Barlow (2 blade) and user ZT0566

Price drop on the ZT 0566.

Double Barrel

Enlightened

I'll take the ZT 0566.
Heck of a deal!
Please pm PayPal info, if not listed. I will check as soon as I post.
Thank you,
DB

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take the ZT 0566.
Heck of a deal!
Please pm PayPal info, if not listed. I will check as soon as I post.
Thank you,
DB

It's yours. I'm surprised it didn't go for the $75 it was originally listed for.

Double Barrel

Enlightened
Re: Price Drops: Northwoods Madison Barlow (2 blade)

Payment sent.
I can't believe it didn't sell at $75 also. Crazy cheap honestly. Some people were sleeping, I guess.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought so. Last time a looked, they were going for about $115 new. Maybe more now. But it does have a year of wear on it, and many people want a "like new" knife, even if they are going to beat on it.

Now, the Northwoods is for all intents and purposes "like new", and at $130, that's a pretty good price too, seeing as they are, I think, $160 new. Probably a much smaller market for dressy, large traditionals here on CPF. If the right person sees it, it will go in a heartbeat; but I'm content to keep it if it doesn't sell at that price. Like the A2s, you've got to have at least one knife that is just "cool," or in this case, "classy," even if it isn't the most practical or the latest tech.

Last edited:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump for the weekend.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

And a bump for the weekend.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Spyderco Sages, Northwoods Madison Barlow (2 blade)

Added Spyderco Sage 1 and Sage 3.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sage 1 is SOLD via another forum.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Price drop on the Sage 3.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sage 3 has been SOLD on another forum.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Northwoods Madison Barlow SOLD on another forum.