WANTED: Unbent star boards without emitters

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

I'd like to get my hands on some star boards that people might have sitting around after removing the emitter. The trick is that I want UNBENT star boards. If anyone's got some and would care to send them to me, I'd be very appreciative! Maybe just tape them to a stiff piece of cardboard, drop in an ordinary envelope and mail. I could reimburse your postage or perhaps do something fun, where everyone who sends me a star board gets entered in a random drawing for some little flashaholic trinket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, PM me if you can help, and I'll get my mailing info to you. Thanks all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

drs2000

Newly Enlightened
I've got a nice flat one I'll add into the stuff we were talking about. Just remind me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Didn't know you had to bend 'em to pop the emitter, I just used flush-cutting dikes and popped it off. Don't think there's any damage to the star at all..)

Haven't had a chance to answer that PM yet, but thinking on it..

Yours, DRS the crazed..

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
GJW, tough to say without seeing it. If you think it could be reflattened (or close to flat), send it over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

drs2000, thanks, and looking forward to your thoughts in response to my excessively long PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Regarding removing the emitters, bending does work great. However, I described an alternate method in a thread a month or two ago. You can heat the underside of the star then use a razor blade or similar sharp edge tapped lightly to pop the emitter off the board. The heat weakens the epoxy just enough to do the job without too much force. This is definitely the way to go in situations where you want/need to reuse the star, such as putting a new emitter in a Blaster Jr., which requires a whole star. (That's not why I need the star boards, however.)

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
milkyspit, PM me with your address and I may have one or two I can send you.

Just Paypal me $9.95 for shipping and handling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just kidding. No charge, of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orion, PM sent (yesterday, but I forgot to mention it until now).

wasabe64, yes I'm interested! PM sent with my mailing address. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wasabe64, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wasabe64 "one-upped" me . . . . . or more correctly 4-upped me. Milky, I have one coming your way that you may use if you can, if not, you can toss it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orion, it's not an arms race here -- or more accurately, a "stars" race /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif -- any contribution is appreciated. So in accordance with the unofficial bowing circle guy system...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Many thanks, dude!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes, I've got a lot of emitters but not many stars, and the majority of my mods call for star emitters. Especially the mods where I'm not pushing to some crazy overdriven current flow, but just driving at more modest levels. If people have essentially scrap stars from removing their emitters, I'll put them to use. I'm helping the environment by recycling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

There IS a super top secret project early in development that could make use of a couple, though, which will be revealed in due time, heh heh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif