Is Thrunite going to upgrade tn4a on 30th sep 2015??????

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
While browsing just noticed this at the thrunite tn4a webpage "Expected release date is 30th Sep 2015".
anyone got any idea???.Are the telling about upgrades or time when it will be restocked (but no stock is not mentioned anywhere!).
Please share your views.:thinking::wave:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it is an upgrade. Was thinking a xpl hi would be good in this, and was holding off until the next update

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Not sure though.We shall wait and see it's only a couple of days left:whistle:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the tn4a hi has been released. Cool white, using an xpl hi. No surprises.

Specs has it with double the candela and 100m+ more throw. 100 less lumen but given the throw, who cares.

Peak Beam Intensity: 52340cd.
Max beam distance: 457m.

Hope Santa drops one in my stocking

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Yes finally it's upgraded.But Iam afraid being this much throwier will deteriorate it's spill quality.But this will be of course be another choice for aa compact thrower( like nowadays there are options to select nw/cw for same model in future every manufacturer may provide options for either thrower or flooder from the same base light).Iam sure nitecore and sunwayman will also upgrade their 4*aa lineups also.
Nowadays it's impossible to settle on one flashlight even atlest for a few months, flashlights are upgrading fast and the urge for buying newer flashlights are unstoppable!

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The d40a I have uses this silicone diffuser and it gives we a very nice diffused hot spot. I don't really rely on spill. Flood works better if I need a wide beam

BGater

Enlightened
The specs list an orange peel reflector on the TN4A HI , but the picture shows a smooth reflector. I wonder which one it ships with ?

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Iam not sure about the smooth reflector.I think it will be using the same reflector as other tn4a's.

mean while I noticed a neutral white version of the xpl tn4a series.But sadly the prices are increasing for thriunites.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the neutral is getting an xpl v6. And orange peel reflector too, but the HI is where it's at. Don't think it's going to be ready for Christmas. Hope it's out before Chinese New Year, otherwise it's going to be March

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Have anyone bought the new thrunite xpl hi.
I haven't seen any reviews or comments on this light.I believe not everyone are aware of this new flashlight.Not many info or reviews on this new one.
If any one have it already, please post your experience with this new one.Iam in a confusion of buying the xpl hi or the neutral xpl for this christmas .

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
as far as I know it is still not released just announced. I have been blown away by all my HI lights in 2015 and this new TN4A should be no exception. Thrunites CD claims have as far as I know been close to dead on in independent tests across the forums so near 53k outta the stubby 4xAA light is pretty damn impressive coming out of an already extremely impressive light.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
HKE has it listed for sale but I'm just a little wary as to whether it really is or not. Plus shipping times over the festive season means I may not be around to collect

POB10

Newly Enlightened
I bought one last week from the seller on EBay. It arrives today. I'll post some pics if I can figure out how. The seller on EBay is White Mountain knives. They assured me it is the new release.

POB10

Newly Enlightened
I just received the flashlight from USPS. It is Not the new version. It is XP-L V6. I'm calling them now. What idiots. The EBay photo and description they use shows the Hi version. So pissed