Thread Grease?

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am wondering what has been found to be the best grease to use on threads, and not deteriate o-rings. Something thick enough to maintain the water intergrity of my lights without succoming to thermal break down in heat, or viscosity freeze up in cold weather.

kaseri

Enlightened
Try using DOW 33 light grease. I have been using it for years on O-rings without any problems.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to any hardware/plumbing store and get non petroleum sililcone grease. Works as good as anything else and cheap. Alot of folks mention the radio shack lube.

Skyline

Enlightened
I just picked up some of the Radio Shack Lube Gel and it's awesome stuff!! Cheap and comes in a large tube. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

qarawol

Enlightened
I use the O-Ring Silicon Lubricant from WW Graingers.

link ... http://www.wwgrainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId=1611749421&ccitem=

This is the best stuff I have found for I have had some o-rings swell when I used oil, petroleum jelly, Super Lube, etc.

I even disassemble the tail caps of all my Surefires and grease the inner side of the rubber button to prevent it from drying out. Don't forget to lube the insulating/alignment o-ring in the switch itself.

Enjoy...

paulr

Flashaholic
I also recently got the RS lube gel per another thread about this a few weeks ago. Works great, doesn't run, cheap, big enough tube to last me for years.