3 Volts Rechargeable for led Flashight

Xstatic

Newly Enlightened
I just received 2, 3.0 Volts rechargeable UltraFire batteries for my led flashlight. The info on the battery says that voltage from full charge to empty is 3.6 Volts and 2.0 respectively. The batteries that came with my flashlight were Duracell Ultra 123 3.0 volts. I was wondering if I put the new batteries in will it blow the led? I heard there is 12ms delay till the battery will put out the required 3.0 Volts. Does anyone know if this will be safe to use in the flashlight or will it blow the led bulb?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are likely going to be fine. What kind of light is it? Remember a 3.0 primary battery is going to be some where around 3.4 volts when fresh, usually.

I worry more about the Ultra Fire part than the voltage. Where did you buy the batteries?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are likely going to be fine. What kind of light is it? Remember a 3.0 primary battery is going to be some where around 3.4 volts when fresh, usually.

I worry more about the Ultra Fire part than the voltage. Where did you buy the batteries?

None of my Surefire, Duracell or Energizer 123As ever measured more than 3 volts out of the package. I'm not sure where you got the idea that this is a thing.

I agree that I would be more concerned with the battery quality than the voltage as most LED flashlights will operate on a Li-Ion just fine unless they specifically state "Do NOT use Li-Ion rechargeables". Usually the reason for this is because the circuitry in the driver has been designed to drive the LED harder and use up a 123A more completely...often to get more lumens from a small light.

light-wolff

Newly Enlightened
I just received 2, 3.0 Volts rechargeable UltraFire batteries for my led flashlight. The info on the battery says that voltage from full charge to empty is 3.6 Volts and 2.0 respectively.
So these are 16340 or 17335 size LiFePO4 batteries with 3.2V nominal voltage. Open circuit and freshly charged they can reach 3.4V.
Don't expect more than 450mAh capacity, no matter what the wrapper says.
Good reading: CR123A and rechargeable substitutes

None of my Surefire, Duracell or Energizer 123As ever measured more than 3 volts out of the package.
Sure? Resting voltage 3.0V means "half empty" for a CR123A. Out of the package they measure around 3.2V open circuit.