Red & Green LEDs in a 6P host?

KBobAries

Enlightened
Somewhere on the web I read about some cheaper black lights being nothing more than bulbs coated somehow to look purple but not emitting any light in the UV spectrum. Is placing a red or green filter on the end of a 6P equivalent to the black light scenario? I've also read about people using semitransparent tape. I thought about using an FM35 but I read that they leak a lot of white light around the bezel. If I need a light for night hunting should I get a dedicated red and/or green P60 drop-in?

Dan

Blitzwing

Enlightened
You will get the best range with a dedicated red or green emitter. Film gives much less range.

Check out the coloured dropins that Customlites builds.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Customlites are nice. Ask them if they can do a Osram Hyper Red led. You will like that.

If not them, Solarforce website has dedicated red P60s.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Awhile back, Customlites also offered red and green versions of the Solarforce M3 turbohead. This is a great addition for someone looking to turn their compatible P60 light into a coloured hunting light and get more range. The green in particular throws well - I've made red and green pills for my own M3, it's not hard.