• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD- Micro mag for sale (triple nichia + Guppydrv)

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Through circumstances nearly beyond my control I came into possession of an Atiny 13a chip flashed with Guppydrv firmware. The most logical thing to do next was to cut a mini mag in half! This micromag features a combination of the nichia 219b emitter on triple noctigon and Mountain Electronic's single sided FET +7135 driver. This micro sports the 90 plus CRI Nichia 219b emitters sure to please the tint snobs out there.

100_3207_zpskcuisdu8.jpg

This light use direct drive off a high drain 14500 cell to drive a triple 219b to over 7 amps on turbo at start up dropping to 6.6 amps at 30 seconds. After the initial quick amp drop there is around four to five minutes of run time before the light gives a low voltage warning when the battery reaches 3 volts. The battery is only providing about an amp to the emitters by time the low voltage protection kicks in. This triple also features the advantage of a dual channel driver to create a true firefly mode of about half a lumen (estimated in comparison to a D25A on firefly mode).

Additional features include the highly user-adaptable Guppydrv firmware (22 user selectable mode groups), a tailcap spring bypass mod to reduce resistance, and carclo narrow spot frosted optics. My micro mags are all built as described here excepting that I use aluminum heatsinks instead of copper. I calculate around 1100 lumens at startup and around 1000 at 30 seconds. Turbo should still be giving a couple hundred lumens when the low voltage warning flashes. A description of the Guppydrv firmware can be seen on the Mountain Electronics website here Scroll to the bottom of the page for the FET+7135 clicky description.

100_3205_zpsbbxvvzy2.jpg

Beamshot is 60 yards to the sugar house.

100_3203_zpsgls5y4h7.jpg

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $63 each. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,
Brian

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Micro mag for sale (triple nichia + Guppydrv)

Edit: I'll pass this awesome light on to jfong =)

Last edited:

jfong

Newly Enlightened

PM sent!

Edit: Wow, I was too late too late by seconds! You'll be getting a great torch, maxspeeds! I have another one of kyfishguy's micromags, and its awesome.

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want this light, but do not need it. I'll pass it on to jfong. Jfong, it's all yours =)

jfong

Newly Enlightened

maxspeeds is way too kind! kyfishguy's awesome builds should be shared with as many people as possible.

The micromag I have already is similar, so me getting a second one is a low priority compared to maxspeeds getting one.

I'll defer to him, because even if fate were a few seconds different and I posted first, I would have the same reasoning and not want to hoard the goodness.

write2dgray

Enlightened

Back on the west coast we called this the Seattle standoff. You would pull up to a stop sign and no car would go, instead insisting the other car go first out of courtesy. It could go on sometimes for a while :). I miss the west coast...dog eat dog out here in NJ.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

This beauty is still available guys! I unfortunately have overspent this month on flashlights, so regrettably I'm bowing out.

jfong

Newly Enlightened

Thanks maxspeeds! This will be for me to see 219b vs 219c side-by-side.

@write2dgray: LOL!

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Sold! Thanks for the laughs gents!