Question about surefire bezel ring / water resistance

Niconical

Enlightened
Hello all.

Just a minor question, but I'd appreciate some confirmation from the experts.

Stock 6P head, stock lens, stock little rubber gasket (or whatever it's called), under the lens, but stock plastic retaining ring removed and lumens factory steel bezel ring in its place.

There is a slight gap between the steel ring and the head. Does that affect water resistance?

I assume not because the lens is still pressing on the rubber thing underneath, so I can't imagine any water could get in, but any comments would be appreciated.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with Lumens Factory bezel rings, but Zeno and Overead bezel rings require different glass thickness to allow the ring to fully seat. As long as the gasket is in place between the lens and bezel, the gap at the front won't negatively affect water resistance.

Niconical

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply.

I've been playing around recently with various combinations of lenses and bezel rings.

The gasket is under the lens, as it was from stock, but I was thinking another one under (or on top) would help with size variations.

Anyone know a source for these gaskets/o-rings? Not just any old stuff, good ones specific to the 6P head.