Computer Help

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I type an email in my yahoo acct and try to highlight/copy I can't do it. When I right click to copy the box pops up but no "copy". Why is that?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried CTRL+C while its highlighted? I dont have a yahoo account, but i do have a webmail service that uses java which does that too.

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
Don't know why it is but if you highlight then hit [CTRL]+[INSERT] that will copy the highlightd text to the paste buffer. To insert copied text from the paste buffer, hit [SHIFT]+[INSERT].

Those keystrokes are built in Windows keyboard shortcuts and cannot be over-ridden in the browser by menu inhibits. They'll also work in any application that runs in Windows.

Al

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Al_Havemann said:
Don't know why it is but if you highlight then hit [CTRL]+[INSERT] that will copy the highlightd text to the paste buffer. To insert copied text from the paste buffer, hit [SHIFT]+[INSERT].

Those keystrokes are built in Windows keyboard shortcuts and cannot be over-ridden in the browser by menu inhibits. They'll also work in any application that runs in Windows.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]This worked, thanks.