Nucleus Special Edition and Brass Version

The Special Edition is up for sale now as of 8/28/16 HERE

If you are not familiar with this build, you can read more about it HERE and if you wanted to purchase the brushed or polished brushed version you can do it HERE.

Special Edition:

Most of you, who own this light, have probably been excited to be able to purchase the Brass version, and wanted to see, what this "Special Edition" was all about.
Let me start by telling you, that this special edition was not planned, and would not have happened if it wasn't for all the demands through forum posts and PM's asking for different materials and different finishes.
Right around the time when the first batches were shipped out, I started experimenting with different designs and processes, to create something even more special, than the original design. Heat anodizing seemed to be a good candidate for creating a new design.
All the pieces you see in the "Galaxy Collection" has been polished, heat anodized, and machined to create the grooves. As you will see, the grooves are not the same on all the pieces, this is intentional. The finish for these pieces came out exceptional, I was very happy with the result, and
I was very excited to show off these pieces. On some of the lights, you may see small imperfections. This is due to the really high quality lens I'm using to photograph. It is one of the sharpest Canon lens ever made. Any of this imperfection would be extremely difficult, or impossible to see with naked eyes. The only exception to this is The Carinae, which has some issues on the tail-cap, which I didn't see at the time of taking the pictures. This is visible on the photos, but barely visible to the naked eyes, but I will make a new tail-cap for this piece regardless.
There are many variation that could be done with heat anodizing titanium, but it is very difficult, to constantly make the exact same piece. Besides this 6 design, on the pictures you can see others that I will not offer for sale, it would be the "Reverse Galaxy" pieces. I cannot achieve a perfect finish, even though this imperfections are also very difficult to see with bare eyes. Even though the Special Edition takes quite a bit more work to achieve this finish, I'm giving a substantial ($50 off) discount to all existing Nucleus owners, to show my appreciation for buying multiple pieces. Anyone can qualify for this discounted price, by purchasing an additional piece of any finish, along with this purchase. If it all goes as planned, we'll get closer and closer selling the remaining batch out, which would get me closer to manufacture additional pieces out of different material. The Galaxy Collection will go on sale this Sunday 8/28/2016. The 6 pieces you see here will be available with nearly immediate shipping (Shipping date 8/30/2016.) If you miss out on getting this first batch, or miss the one you wanted, I will make the one you request and ship within 2 weeks or earlier. There is no reservation for this 6 pieces, you'll be able to make a purchase on Sunday, when it goes up for sale.

Brass Edition:

Unlike the special edition, the Brass version will be no surprise to most of you. Mirror finished objects are hard to photograph, so if you see anything on the pictures that shouldn't be there, I can assure you, it is optical illusion only. If you have one of my polished Ti pieces, you are familiar with my polish work, if you're not,
you'll just have to take my word for it. The brass version will also come with Ti snap ring holder in the back, as that is the part of the light that would take most of the abuse if kept on a key chain. If you prefer, I can heat anodize this piece, to make it look close to brass. The other difference is, that since this light has no reflector, the brass inside the light head will reflect a warmer color, than the Titanium version. For me, it is even more pleasing than the Ti, as it is very close to sunlight. As far as the rest, it is all the same. I'm limited to 19 pcs. of this finish, out of which 6 pcs. are reserved already. This reserve was available in the sales-post for people who put their name done to receive this finish when available. They have received a PM about this from me, if you haven't responded, please do! There is no reservation for the rest of the pieces, it will sell on the "first come, first served" bases, when it goes on sale on Sunday.

If you have any questions about the Brass or the Special Edition finish, you can ask it here, or email, pm me.
Let me know, how you like the new finish!

Pricing will be as follows:

Brass Version:

• Availability : 13 pcs. ( 6 pcs. had been reserved by members, who has asked me to put their name down when this version is available, as requested by me in the sales thread.) The remaining 13 pcs. will be sold on the "first come, first served bases, when they go on sale this Sunday at 6pm PST.
  • Price : $135 for first time buyers and $125 for someone who already owns other version of the Nucleus. (You may qualify for the lower price, by purchasing one of the other version, along with this one.
  • Shipping Date : 9/2/2016 for the whole batch. (If ordering a Special Edition, with a different shipping date, please contact me for combined shipping.)
  • Shipping Cost : $15 for USPS Priority Mail within the US. If you are international buyer, please contact me for pricing.
  • Tritium Option : $45 for 5 pcs. of 0.95mm x 3mm green Tritium vials installed.

Special Edition (Galaxy Collection) :

• Availability : 40 pcs. ( No reservation can be made for this pieces they will be sold on the "first come, first served bases, when they go on sale this Sunday at 6pm PST.

• Price : $185 for first time buyers and $135 for someone who already owns any other version of the Nucleus. (You may qualify for the lower price, by purchasing one of the other version, along with this one.
  • Shipping Date : 9/9/2016 for the whole batch. (If ordering a Brass Version, with an earlier shipping date, please contact me for combined shipping.)
  • Shipping Cost : $15 for USPS Priority Mail within the US. If you are international buyer, please contact me for pricing.
  • Tritium Option : $45 for 5 pcs. of 0.95mm x 3mm green Tritium vials installed.

Pictures of the Special Edition (Galaxy Collection) and the Brass Version:
You can also see these and other photos of all finishes in my Flickr album HERE:

Galaxy Collection:

29127979221_cb80759b02_b.jpg

The Abell

28586076423_5a786a433a_b.jpg

The Andromeda

29098753692_e25812ac1e_b.jpg

The Eridanus

29127973891_ffa4c7b879_b.jpg

The Saturn

29127975101_5323a10e43_b.jpg

The Orion

29127976441_4ffd5e6279_b.jpg

The Carinae

29127977791_be6efa5c85_b.jpg

Full Collection with Mokume Gane Version in the center

28586069743_95cefe9f6a_b.jpg

Brass Version:

28586072923_242c92996b_b.jpg

28586071503_f56b72801c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice George! Great twist on the Galaxy Collection.....the colors look awesome! I'm in for a brass one with trits! I can't decide between the Orion, Abell or Corinae!

Last edited:
Do the Galaxy lights come with a Hitchhikers Guide.....to the Galaxy??? Ugh, I know....I know....but I couldn't help myself...lol

Nice George! Great twist on the Galaxy Collection.....the colors look awesome! I'm in for a brass one with trits! I can't decide between the Orion, Abell or Corinae!

Thanks Mike, I think the pictures came out pretty good, but nothing beats holding one of these in your hand....They really look stunning, even Saturn, which doesn't look like much the photo, but it looks like a piece of gold...

Do the Galaxy lights come with a Hitchhikers Guide.....to the Galaxy??? Ugh, I know....I know....but I couldn't help myself...lol

I'm glad, you are asking, because yes, it sill surely come with a signed copy of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.....not:laughing:

helios123

Enlightened
Oh no..I can already hear my wallet crying. :shakehead

The Orion...perfect for a cat's necklace..If you know what I'm talking about. ;)

Last edited:
Oh no..I can already hear my wallet crying. :shakehead

The Orion...perfect for a cat's necklace..If you know what I'm talking about. ;)

It's not the size of your flashlight that matters right? BTW that "Orion's Belt" from MIB would be a coolest thing to have on a keychain...:)

If you're having a hard time with the choice, here is a cell phone shot, that helps you see the way you'd percieve them with the naked eye:

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1472145965.616239.jpg

ScapegoatUmi

Newly Enlightened
I must agree with everyone. Stunning. George, you were 110% right. I have been back looking at these so much, it feels like its been 2 weeks, not 2 days. I want the brass, for the "sunlight" effect, but want Ti for the durability, and no matter how small, light'r"ness".....SATURN! Thats what Ill do. With trits, please. I did make it to sunday - should I repost this again after the official sale begins? PM incomming

I must agree with everyone. Stunning. George, you were 110% right. I have been back looking at these so much, it feels like its been 2 weeks, not 2 days. I want the brass, for the "sunlight" effect, but want Ti for the durability, and no matter how small, light'r"ness".....SATURN! Thats what Ill do. With trits, please. I did make it to sunday - should I repost this again after the official sale begins? PM incomming

Hi Doug, you have made the payment a bit prematurely, as sales will open later tonight. If you wanted to buy the Saturn, you'll have to buy it in the official sales thread under WTS Titanium and Exotic lights, what will go on at 6pm. If you are the first one requesting the Saturn, your light will ship out on Tuesday, as I have one of each of the Galaxy Collection at hand. If someone else requests Saturn before you, I will make one for you and ship in within 2 weeks or less. I did this, to give everyone the same chance of getting this few lights that are available right away. Let me know, if you have any question!

Last edited: