Interior decoration

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm starting to want to rearrange my room.

I wanna save money on my electric bill because I'm still living at home, but I can spend any amount of money to make a lighting system.

I was thinking of setting up an IKEA style track lighting system.

I'd have cables run across the ceiling hooked up to my 12v ac/dc power supply (it supplies up to 10 amps of current).

with this track lighting system, I was wondering if it would be possible to use luxeon leds for it. The only problem with luxeons is the fact that the color is not very warm.

I'm trying to make a gentle environment in my room, should I purchase amber and white leds and mix them in a spot lamp? how about a flood?

i'm not quite clear about optics?

so anyway, these lights would hang off the electric wire track and suck up power that way, if I need more power, I can just get a more robust power supply.

I was thinking of having at most no more than 10 or so spot or flood assemblies on the wire system.

evanlocc

Enlightened
In that case DIY your own "LED light" lighting system.

this may not cheap but long run it save. who know you may pattern it someday and enjoy the copy right!

hehehe.... good luck!

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the standard Luxeon colour is not to your taste, you could try the Warm White Luxeons. They are not quite as efficient as regular ones, but since you're going to be using household power, it's no big deal - they'll still be cheap to run.