Faulty Eagletac flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-ray vision

Newly Enlightened
I have a G25C2 MarkII that I've had for years now. Unfortunately I not only no longer have the receipt, I don't remember which online vendor I purchased it from.

It no longer is able to work in both high and low settings (I'm not sure which setting it's stuck on). I tried both of my AW 18650 batteries, which always worked fine. I doubt both batteries became faulty at the same time. I had the same problem with a previous Eagletac flashlight before I purchased this one. Does anyone know if this is something I can fix myself or purchase a part for?

I contacted customer support via email, but the support I'm getting is horrible. The person helping me gave me a copy and paste which is regarding flashlights that don't turn on at all, so it incorrectly diagnosed me as having a faulty tail cap. Then she told me to return it to the seller, when I was clear I don't remember who that is and returning it to the manufacturer in China with a note, which sounds like a risky thing to do without a receipt.

I hate to have to buy another similar flashlight if I don't have to. Not exactly rolling in dough right now. :)

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can take the head off and clean the gold colored contacts and see if that helps. Search de-ox-it on the forums which is a good cleaner/lube

x-ray vision

Newly Enlightened
I tried to PM a mod so I can ask him to cancel this thread before it got posted, but I couldn't because I'm a new poster.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but it was operator error. It's working fine. Thanks, aginthelaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.