More tests results of more GITD sheeting products

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi everybody,

For those who are interested, the following are the results of my informal testing of three GITD sheet products. (See post: "Results Of Informal Tests of Extreme Glow Sheeting" for my original post on the subject)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000278

The products tested here were:

Extreme Glow Peel N Stick Sheeting http://www.extremeglow.com/glowsheeting.htm

Alien Skin sheeting http://www.starscapes.com/alienskin/

Glowstick Factory blue vinyl sheeting http://www.glowstickfactory.com

The tests were conducted with samples of each product attached to the same sheet of paper for easy side by side comparison. The sheet was placed in a window and exposed to 15 minutes of overcast filtered sunlight. It was then immediately placed in a shoebox and taken to a small, dark, windowless room. I can guarantee that these samples never saw a single photon again for the duration of the testing. (As a point of interest, I should note that Extreme Glow carries another product that many might find quite useful in this particular room.)
grin.gif

All subsequent tests took place after allowing my eyes to adapt for approx. 3 minutes unless otherwise noted.

Upon first viewing the samples with non dark-adapted eyes, I found the Alien Skin to be the hands down winner. It was easily as bright as a Limelite nightlight if not brighter. The Extreme Glow green was in 2nd place but maybe only 2/3 as bright as the Alien Skin. The blue sheeting appeared dim compared to the first two products.

3 Hours:

All 3 products have decreased in brightness but are all still quite bright. The Alien Skin is in 1st with the blue sheeting having moved up to 2nd place. The Extreme Glow green is about ½ as bright as the Alien Skin now.

7 Hours:

The Alien Skin is in 1st with the blue a very, very close 2nd. The E.G. Green is a weak looking 3rd compared to the first two products. The small piece of blue sheeting (which I failed to mention earlier) stuck to the E.G. green is clearly contrasted against it.

11 Hours:

Everything looks he same as it did at 7 hours.

19 Hours:

Appeared the same as above. However, this test was conducted with my eyes fully dark adapted after getting up in the morning.

31.5 Hours:

The Alien Skin and the blue sheeting are still glowing nicely after allowing my eyes to dark adapt for about 5 min.

Conclusions:

For people finding themselves in sudden darkness I would recommend the Alien Skin or the E.G. green. They are initially both very bright. If you were going to be in the dark for a long time I would suggest the Alien Skin or the Blue sheeting. Both are very respectable in this regard. I would say let cost be your guide here. The blue is much cheaper than the Alien Skin.

All of the products charge well with white LED light but the blue does require a longer charging time.

I hope someone finds this info to be useful. I really hate typing this much.:p

I would like to sincerely thank Videocal for his contributions to this project.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Mark
smile.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that great review Mark.
-Also highly recommended is the just excellent quality glowability/acuity of the very powerful
Blu/Green mix that the Extremeglow people offer at only a couple of dollars extra.
smile.gif

-Great Stuff!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenBar:
Thanks for a great job!

I have been using samples and all are gone and I was not sure which to buy!

KenBar
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken,
If you don't like any of the high performance mixes, (which really SIZZLE-especially after exposure to white LED light), then your best bet is with that Blue sheeting. But, be advised that the blue definitly needs more time to charge up properly.
(But then, it's decay/discharge takes longer too..)
smile.gif