Flashlight App for Android Devices

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks, I'm looking for recommendations on a flashlight app for my Xperia Z5 phone.

After over a year I own it, I realized there wasn't one installed by default as my previous Xperia phone... maybe is because I own too many flashlights! :D

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, already did: plenty of apps! I'd rather wait and install something people on this forum have had a positive experience with! General reviews on Play Store may help some but don't expect people who own 2-euro flashlights bought in a discount supermarkets not to be impressed with their phone flashlight app... :rolleyes:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
First question, does your phone have a light for the camera? My Nexus 7 doesn't, so the question is moot. Not that I would depend on a flashlight app for any serious lighting. I belong to a flashlight group on Facebook, and a while back one of the members posted an interesting statement. It seems that power had been out for around ten hours or so the night before, and all of his friends and family's phones were dead or almost so from their using the flashlight apps on their phones, while his phone was just fine and all of his lighting needs were being met by his light(s).

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If the phone came with a flash but no flashlight app at all perhaps it is because the LED wasn't meant to run long periods... I mean like 45 seconds vs 1/45th of a second via camera flash.

Running it long enough to find a keyhole may be ok but using it as a light to fix a flat tire may cook the LED.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
First question, does your phone have a light for the camera?
Good question and the answer is, yes it does because I have the option to turn it on from within the camera but not from outside it.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'll give a shot to the apps listed.