Eternalight LED type

MY

Enlightened
Brock, I noticed on your site that you stated that the Eternalight's leds were rated at 4800 mcd. Was this an old light as I thought that they all had the newer 5600 mcd Nichia leds?

Craig, I also noticed in your evaluation of the Eternalights that you stated that they were updated with modern leds.

I have a Eternalight Model 2 circa 1999 and wonder if the leds are the newer 5600 mcd ones. How can I tell? My EL also only has 8 dimmer levels while Craig stated that the ones being tested have 17 levels.

Is my EL Classic an outdated classic compared to the new ones?

Thanks for setting me straight.
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I also have eternalight classic and was thinking the same thing? craig? ps those led xmas lights shipped today as promised.

Brock

Flashaholic
I just got a new one and it is obviously brighter then my first one. The case looks differnt also. I don't know if the case being differnt is a way to tell which one you have. Hopefully Craig will have a way of telling them apart.

Brock

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I just got a new one and it is obviously brighter then my first one. The case looks differnt also. I don't know if the case being differnt is a way to tell which one you have. Hopefully Craig will have a way of telling them apart.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have an old one... remember I borrowed yours for the first test early last spring.
blush.gif
So I have no way of knowing what, if any differences, the outer casing has between your older model and my newer.

eterna1.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MY:
I have a Eternalight Model 2 circa 1999 and wonder if the leds are the newer 5600 mcd ones. How can I tell? My EL also only has 8 dimmer levels while Craig stated that the ones being tested have 17 levels.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how you can tell without directly comparing them. Each eternaLight seems to have slightly different programming.
One has around 10 levels, another has 13 levels and then on the lowest level you can pick which one of the 4 LEDs stays lit.

My "new" Classic is even more odd. It takes 21 to 23 presses of the "adjust" button to go from the highest to the lowest setting, yet some of the settings seem to take 2 activations before visibly dropping down to the next.

I'll have to get some sensitive equipment to meter this one to be able to directly observe each button press.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by franken:
I also have eternalight classic and was thinking the same thing? craig? ps those led xmas lights shipped today as promised.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the only way you could be guaranteed of having 4000 or 4800mcd LEDs in yours is if it is more than about 12-18 months old.

Thanks in advance for the Christmas lights... I'll keep an eye out for them.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

your welcome,craig. my classic model is about 3 months old, but who knows how long it sat at glow-bug. whatever the case may be, i'm quite pleased with it's brightness.
about those button presses, mine has 15 or 16 levels, and the one nearest the on button is always the last to go. also noticed holding down mode button causes the led's to flash from right to left rather quickly. at $39 (roughly the price of 2 3cell maglites) i think this light is a bargain. i tried the "velcro to the top of the bill of a baseball cap" trick and the kids in the neighborhood think it's the coolest.
shocked.gif
. the wife thinks it's total dork though
confused.gif
go figure?

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
franken, LED's + cap =
cool.gif

But a 3D cell Maglite for ~£14 !! And I only [first] saw the Silver finish 4 days ago !!!

Oh England, my England ........................

A Saddened lite-lover
frown.gif

(It's never off-topic if you're feeling confounded)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
But a 3D cell Maglite for ~£14 !! And I only saw the Silver finish 4 days ago !!!

Where? I want, I want!!
grin.gif

That would be the perfect body for the "Ulti-MAG LED Blaster" conversion
shocked.gif

tongue.gif