Ntecore MH27 Shorts when dropped?

oneiota

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Nitecore MH27 since July last year. In the last month, it's been dropped a couple times by my toddler from her hand to the floor. Both times it seemed to short out and completely drain a couple CR123 batteries. The first time I thought maybe the batteries were just drained but the second time was after I had changed the discharged batteries. Has anyone had a similar thing happen before? Since this is a weapon-mountable light, I wouldn't think it would short from a 2 foot (or less) drop to the floor. Haven't had this issue happen with my Olight, Fenix, or even other Nitecore light or even other cheaper LED lights (although I don't know if I've dropped them similarly before). Aside from that, light is working like expected. I can't recall where I've placed the box to look for the warranty card, I can't find that info on the nitecore site either. The light hasn't really been used to a significant degree (never even drained batteries from use) as I tend to favor my Olights. Any ideas/suggestions? Couldn't find anyone else mentioning similar.
Thanks in advance

DRAWs

Newly Enlightened
try with 18650 battery. if the problem still exist, try to test it with a multimeter