More than I dreamed it would be. The Acebeam L16 XHP35 HI.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

The quality of this light really is more than what I expected. The user interface in particular is well thought out.

If you have an acebeam let us know what you think of it.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
VOB, have you had a chance to verify the advertised throw? Based on an existing review for this light, it's only around 75k CD, nearly identical to the EC60.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job Matt... fun review! The Acebeam is impressive too.
What he said.

Great review, you're right about the UI. When you went through it I thought - yeah that's what I want.

Saw the video was 10 minutes, thought that might me a bit long and figured I'd watch it anyway - 9 minutes in I thought - crap where did the time go.

Thanks!!

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another excellent review Matt! I would have never come across this light were it not for you but I will be picking one up at some point hopefully.

Does the side switch have mode memory or shortcut to firefly from off by chance?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the side switch have mode memory or shortcut to firefly from off by chance?

WOOT! Yes, and Yes! Side switch will memorize any mode but turbo. Press and hold from OFF is firefly, double click from any position is turbo.

My understanding from what Matt said was the side switch was;

press for low (dim/firefly?), hold and it cycles to medium, high, turbo
double click to turbo (?)
triple click for strobe

Very close. If you click to go on then press will cycle through fire fly to high(4 levels), but turbo is not on that cycle.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Saw the video was 10 minutes, thought that might me a bit long and figured I'd watch it anyway - 9 minutes in I thought - crap where did the time go.

Thanks!!

4 1/2 minutes for me because I watched it on double time! :D But still - great video, thanks!

I too like the sound of the UI - consistent turbo from the tail switch and consistent access to moonlight easily available!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice attention to detail on the machining on this one for sure. Way to step up your game Acebeam.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
It takes an awful lot for me to throw yet even more money at yet another light but this one really seemed to stand out among the current XHP emitter wave of lights. So I have had my L16 for almost 3 days now and am thus far very impressed. This is my first Acebeam(I have read across the forums that Acebeam is actually a Jetbeam sub-brand?). The build quality of this light is well above average and the built in micro USB charging feature is as far as I know the only non custom light that will charge the 3100mah 20 amp button top Acebeam 18650 cell the light comes with at 1 full amp which is very cool.

Still getting used to the unique UI but so far I like it a lot. Really am impressed by the high quality of the parts this light is made of. The stainless side switch is one of the nicest I have used. I like how the stainless side switch does NOT protrude 2+mm off the body but rather sits flush with it preventing accidental pressing of the side switch.

I do not know what Chinese company or factory the holster came from but it looks to me to be the same company/factory that makes the nice padded nylon holsters for Thrunite which is a very good thing. The included micro USB cord is of above average quality as well. The output of this light at max output is ridiculous I love it!! The L16 may be advertised at 90k+ CD but as Matt has pointed out above it is just above 75k+ CD which is 100% fine with me. I have no other lights, even XHP 1x18650 lights, that have the L16's flame throwing max output and 75k+ CD of throw. The beam out of my copy of the L16 is very clean and artifact free which I like a LOT.

I am only a couple days into having the L16 but so far I have not had to go above the 3rd highest output mode this thing has in my opinion mode spacing that is more user friendly than most. Heck the output mode 2(from 1 or Firefly)is more than enough for most tasks. The L16 in my opinion sets a new XHP35 HI 1x18650 format "tactical" LED light benchmark. I am still trying to find out what the core cell Acebeam is using for their included 3100mah 20 amp button top re-wrap 18650 cell just so I know and so I can have a back up cell...

I have had my eye on Acebeam for awhile and for my first Acebeam the L16 XHP35 HI showed up in perfect condition and has left an amazing first impression for me as a collector. Good job Acebeam the L16 is truly a home run...