NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

Default New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Ultra Compact, Ultra Bright Rechargeable Flashlight

Four (4) CREE XHP35 HD LEDs
    6500 lumen max output / 435 yards throw
    Single button control switch
    Memorizes previous brightness
    Built-in 12400mAh li-ion rechargeable battery

Now taking pre-orders for one of the most anticipated releases of the year! Expected arrival date: June 14

Order yours today and save 15% with coupon code CPF15OFF

Default Re: New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

absolutely love this design!
    G.K Chesterton, when asked 'what is wrong with the world?' simply replied 'I am!'

Default Re: New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

Could you make this in a 1 emitter/1 cell version?

It looks too large and too awkward.
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

At 113 mm length and ~55 mm diagonal I wouldn't call it ultra compact.
    I suspect it's not very comfortable to carry, but I nevertheless like it.
    It would be interesting with XHP35 HI too,

Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    At 113 mm length and ~55 mm diagonal I wouldn't call it ultra compact.
    I suspect it's not very comfortable to carry, but I nevertheless like it.
    It would be interesting with XHP35 HI too,
    It the pictures, It looks like its smaller than a soda can in girth. I have been know to carry can sized object around the lake for extended periods of time with out a problem
    Looking forward to trying it in person.

We posted this video to our Youtube channel yesterday in anticipation of the Concept 2's arrival:

Watch "Concept 2 in Action" on Youtube

To also help give a better idea of the Concept 2's size, here it is with a dollar bill for reference:

I want to like this, but will have to wait on some reviews testing the parasitic drain.
    GOOD TINT!

I'm curious as to why XHP35-HD emitters were chosen as opposed to XHP35-Hi. Surely using the latter would still increase the throw considerably without the loss of much overall output?
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

I find it interesting that the output levels and reported run-times look to me like it doesn't step down after a few minutes and then run on... IE the turbo is 1/3rd of the high out put run-time. Often we see the turbo is only minutes less than the high.

I guess that the batteries must be a part of the heat sink for this light. I wonder, how does it handle the heat.

This one has peaked my interest.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

I purchased one of these NITECORE Concept 2 flashlights recently and was surprised how compact it was. it certainly sends out a bright beam of light. Now I just need to figure out how the mode changes work without having to refer to the instructions all the time!

Question Re: New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

When I first saw this, I was dismayed at the connector type -- not something more common like USB-C or Micro USB... but I came to realize that those types would be woefully insufficient for the power requirements. Some people have declared the connector type as "proprietary", but it looks to be like one of those standard round type connectors that has been around for decades. The only part proprietary would perhaps be the charger itself.

The question I have is... if you don't have the charger with you and need to recharge, and manage to find a charger with the right connector plug but with lower charging specs, would it still work and just take longer? Or is there a very precise requirement for this light to use the original charger (meaning, you risk a fire hazard if you don't use it)?
    Last edited by xevious; 12-15-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    LIGHT BRANDS IN ROTATION: FW3A, Zebralight, Jetbeam, Lumintop, RovyVon, Olight, Astrolux, Nitecore, NovaTac