KLARUS XT11 X vs Acebeam L30 ii

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
What I am curious of is which of these do you think is a better choice for a tactical and backup flashlight. I want a usable 2000 lumens with possible 3000 lumen +.

I gather the Acebeam has 2 goods, 1: the L30 has 700 or maybe 800 more lumens max. 2: the acebeam has longer runtimes across the board from the larger 21700 battery.
The 2 pluses of the xt11 X are 1: slightly smaller in all dimensions, and 2: it has a consistantly battery level indicator letting me know when the battery needs charging a feature the Acebeam lacks.

Are there any more pros or cons for either light? Does anyone own either and love/hate their flashlight?

matt4350

Enlightened
I have an XT11. While it performs just fine, I find the head size too large for my liking as a tactical/backup light. It gets hot very quick if you run it at max, as I imagine all these type of lights probably do. Unless it's the only light you use, the side switch requires re-learning and you'll forget what to do for what mode you want (well, I do, anyway). The battery drains if you let it sit around too long. I find it's quite an adequate light for wandering dark roads on foot, and has a good broad beam. I don't have an L30. My choice of tactical/backup light leans toward the more mundane (simple) such as Malkoff and Elzetta.

wardroid

Newly Enlightened
I've had issues with my xt11 flickering like crazy as its mounted on my bike. But that flickering disappeared after a few week. I still question its reliability. I just ordered the l30 gen 2 to replace it and I see this as an upgrade.

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
The acebeam can sustain 2000lm for more than one hour, and the XT11X will stepdown to 800lm after a few minutes

The acebeam uses constant current whereas the klarus uses PWM

you can't really compare them, the Acebeam is more powerfull and has better electronics, but lacks the UI from the klarus which I like