E1B-MV head on a eb1-t body?

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
I have an eb1-t body and tailcap from a few years ago. It is my edc light right now with an e1d head.

I am thinking of getting an e1bmv soon. I was wondering if someone had both these lights and could tell me how it would react?

Would the eb1mv on the eb1t body work with low first then hard press for high?

Thanks in advance!

Nephron44

Enlightened
No, the programming is in the head, so it would be two quick presses or two quick on/off twists to change modes

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
No, the programming is in the head, so it would be two quick presses or two quick on/off twists to change modes

Were you able to try this with an actual light? The reason I ask is because I am wondering if I might be pleasantly surprised. I mentioned above that on the eb1t body and tailcap I have an e1d head. You would expect the e1d head NOT to work. The e1d head was made for a clicky and it was high first and low second. But lo and behold, when you put the e1d head on a two stage tailcap, it changes to low first then high second. So, there must have been some kid of unadvertsided smart programming in that light. I got it maybe 3-4 years ago I think.

So, just on a long shot, nephron or anyone else with both lights, could someone attemp this for me and let me know how it works? After talking with someone last night about a tactiticain head doing the same thing on an LX2 body, my curisoity is wondering.

Nephron44

Enlightened
I didn't try that specific set up, but I put the head from my eb1mv on the body of my EDCL1-T, which is pretty much the same setup as you are trying, and I got the results I mentioned above.

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
Ah ok thanks. What happens when you put the edc1 head on the backup body with a clickie?