new key chain led lite @ wallmart

napalm-2002

Enlightened
hey all you photon fans check out this new lite from gsm products.its a photon look alike.it has a positive on and off button so it cant go off in your pocket.its broghter than my stylus white and brighter than a single nichia 5600 white.very good lite with easy to change batts(2016).it has a very bright white almost a violet hint.very bright and worth every bit of 4.95.

if your a flashaholic like me or just like lites you must get one of these.
tongue.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked walmart, could not find one of these little Photon beaters, what department was it in. I checked sporting goods, and tools.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonSidneyB:
I checked walmart, could not find one of these little Photon beaters, what department was it in. I checked sporting goods, and tools.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about asking the store manager about "GSM"? stock in that store?
Edit:
Maybe with all the lights that have come from Wallymart lately, there should be a separate CPF category for their various lights
wink.gif
grin.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found that not all Walmarts carry the same thing and from reading posts here, not always the same price either. I would assume this new LED flashlight would be in their flashlight section where the other LED and regular flashlights are.

DebtFree

Newly Enlightened
"Out-In-The-Woods", Alabama "Home of hurricanes an
I just got home from work, after stopping by Wal-Mart on the way home. I looked at every light they had in the flashlight section, because I ALWAYS do that, and because I was looking for that 3 LED headlamp mentioned on another thread. No 3 LED headlamp, and no Photon look-alike, either.

However, I went to automotive to get one of those "break-apart" keyrings, so I could put my Arc AAA on it (they weren't in the jewelry/keyring dept.), and discovered a display with a new LED light. It's called the "NeoGlo" super brite keychain lite. It comes in 4 colors, with matching LED colors: Gold (amber?), green, blue and red. Couldn't find a gold, but I did buy a blue. It uses 3 LR44 batteries (included), and looks like a laser pointer with the rubber button (momentary) on the side. Made in China. I compared the red one to my ASP Navigator. The ASP was MUCH brighter ... and the blue and green ones are about the same brightness as the red. Now that I'm home, and the light is out of the package, I'm checking it again. .....checking .....checking ... ok ... the ASP red is maybe twice as bright as the NeoGlo blue. The NeoGlo looks to be about the same brightness as the yellow Photon. And, it has those beam rings...but it was only $3.94.

I wish I had seen the Photon look-alike for 4.95 instead!!! Hopefully it will show up sometime in the future. (Brighter than a white Stylus???????..........for 4.95??????? ) Put me down for a dozen!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DebtFree:
and discovered a display with a new LED light. It's called the "NeoGlo" super brite keychain lite. It comes in 4 colors, with matching LED colors: Gold (amber?), green, blue and red<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have one of those things.
Mine appears to be a longer wave blue (maybe close to 478nm), dimmer than any other double-bond blue LED, and with a nice beam, relatively free of those annoying ring artifacts. (The central beam is fairly clean, as is the much dimmer corona; and there's a very thin outer ring which is not at all bothersome).

Its main trait is that isn't "Super Bright",
however since it only draws 4mA, battery life should be among the longest of all LR44 style lights.

The LED has a style of die attach that looks like an early ISP Korea model, or possibly a Sanyo "Flip Chip" blue LED, which I've heard of but never seen in a bare LED format.

I find that this light is fine for lighting keyholes, and even better for going from the bed to the can at night. Bright enough to see your path by, but not so bright your night vision goes to h-e-double hockey sticks.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Napalm-2002,

The "Photon Look-alike" - does it have a translucent body and a rubber push switch in the middle - push in from one side to turn it on, push from the other to turn it off? If so, it looked more like a GammaRay knock off to me. Seemed to be just as bright as the Photon except bigger.... It's been a while so perhaps I'm mistaken... Neat light, though.

DP

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't find this light online or in the store. Is this light truly as small as a photon. If anyone has any info on where this might be found on line or can do a direct comparison to a photon, that would be great.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
thats the one and it sure is bright. the led is in my rage and is making great use of the reflector! its run by 3 ni-mh batts. i love this led. by the way, ive decided that if i'm gonna be carrying a high brightness led its gonna be run by aaa or aa etc. because i can't afford otherwise ie 2016s. i love retrofits!
cool.gif
smile.gif

napalm-2002

Enlightened
the light is exactly as doup put it.i dont have a photon so i speculated.i wish i had a dig camera.i found it down the hot wheels aisle.with the toy guns too.i have not seen those other lights for 3.95 though.

i bought 1 lite and went back the next day to find all but 2 were gone and i found those by lookin on different shelves in toys...

a great lite that truley beats a stylus!!!
cool.gif

DebtFree

Newly Enlightened
"Out-In-The-Woods", Alabama "Home of hurricanes an
Napalm-2002,

DougP says it is as bright as a Photon. You say it is brighter than a Stylus. The 2 reports don't jive.

I can see it being as bright as a photon, but not a Stylus ... unless you got a bum Stylus, or bad batteries. My Stylus is significantly brighter than my Photons. So, I guess I'll have to buy one and see!
grin.gif

Don't really need an excuse to go buy a light, but now I've got one anyway.
grin.gif

Craig ... I didn't realize we were playing a new game called "The Name of the Week". Can't wait to see who you are next week!
grin.gif
"OK now, when the music stops ..."
(hehhehheh)
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DebtFree:
Napalm-2002,
DougP says it is as bright as a Photon. You say it is brighter than a Stylus. The 2 reports don't jive.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, it's been a while since I looked at one, so I may be mistaken as well... Also, I don't have a Stylus.
frown.gif

Glad to be of help, Debtfree! Anytime you need an excuse, just ask, we'll figure one out for you
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
!!!

DP

napalm-2002

Enlightened
hey debtfree it really is brighter than the stylus. mine's new and has less than 3 min on it.i dont have a photon but it aint worth the trouble to get one and have to change batts.just buy one of these and throw it away when they run out.

but really its bright.i think i'll donate one to science (tear it apart)to see if there any circuitry in it.hey brock buy one and do your test on it.this light is so cheap u cant not do it.if anyone doubts its brightness spend some of that first communion money and get one.with all do respect to all the religions.

he he he
rolleyes.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, I've finally gotten my hands on one of these things.

It truly is bright. I got the blue LED version. The switching mechanism is bizarre, but it really works. And the case is held together with four tiny screws, much like the Photon II.
Comes with swivel & split ring already attachyed.

As soon as I get some time, I'll dig up my blue Photon II and compare the two.