Inexpensive Non-velcro belt pouch?

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
i have a Convoy S2+ with a nylon belt pouch that has a velcro flap to secure the flashlight.
after a year, that velcro no longer sticks and im afraid the flashlight will fall out one day.

Recommendations for an Inexpensive ($3) Non-velcro belt pouch?

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
I don't have an answer for you, but you should be able to have the velcro replaced by a tailor for pretty cheap.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I replaced the velcro on my Olight M21 holster with a snap for the same reason. But on mine it wore out even faster. You could likely find a kit at a craft store for installing snaps yourself. All you need is something to punch a hole of the correct size for the snap, snap setting anvil (usually in the kit), a block of wood or dense plastic to set the anvil on and a place where you can set the block and hit with a mallet of some kind. Preferably one with a plastic or rubber head. I used the concrete floor of our garage to set mine.

I got all of my tools from the local craft store and leather supply store.

I used an exacto blade to cut off the worn out velcro so it wouldn't get in the way of installing the snap.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought several Nebo neoprene holsters from Batteries + Bulbs when they were on sale for $3 each. They depend on elastic tension to hold the flashlight and they do stretch out some, but as long as the head of your flashlight is sufficiently large and you insert it head-down, the holster will hold your light securely. The belt clip is weak, so sometimes when I grab my light, the holster comes with it off my belt.

They're inexpensive and functional, but I would consider them a last resort kind of thing. Use them if you can't find anything else better.

Solarforce has 2 or 3 holsters available for their L2 lights for around $4 each. The two I have have velcro, but the velcro is just to keep the flap from flapping. It is not required to retain the light.

Finally, I've had good luck replacing velcro with magnetic snaps in the past. You can find kits at hobby or fabric stores.

--flatline

Cosmodragoon

Newly Enlightened
I hate velcro. It's loud. One side is always scratchy. It tends to get clogged up with lint and who knows what. If that happens, you can try scruffing it with a very stiff brush but even so...

Once upon a time, button closures were more common. Nylon can be a little stiff for buttons but if the situation permits and you can sew, it might be worth exploring. Use "core thread" or another strong thread for the button if you go this route.

I don't love magnetic closures but that could be less work. You could just as easily replace the velcro. Velcro is cheap and can be had at the same sorts of craft stores you'd get anything else suggested here. You might also look into getting a "seam ripper". It is a small and very inexpensive tool for removing seams, stitches, etc. That should be handier than an exacto knife (etc.) for removing the old velcro panels and you'll find other uses for it once you have it.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a Convoy S2+ with a nylon belt pouch that has a velcro flap to secure the flashlight.
after a year, that velcro no longer sticks and im afraid the flashlight will fall out one day.

Recommendations for an Inexpensive ($3) Non-velcro belt pouch?

If you don't mind me making a suggestion have you thought of a military snap? These won't wear out. What holster do you have and who made it?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever heard of one way snaps? They are not cheap but they last a lifetime.
Or I have some prym snaps I can send to you as I m not using prym but they are ok