Surefire C2/C3 Centurion Questions - any input appreciated!

Signalcorpsoperator

Newly Enlightened
Good afternoon all,

I'm running a couple of the old-school standbys, the C2 Centurion lights. With LED modules and good batteries, they just keep going, kind of like the little Energizer bunny, going and going and going...

I was looking one of them over here the other day, and noticed on one, the grip ring is starting to show some age, it looks like there is the start of a couple small cracks in the rubber.

Soooo, my questions are, does anyone know of a suitable replacement ring for these lights? Anybody have a spare grip ring lying around that they don't need? ;)

I absolutely love the Centurion, and seeing the grip ring, it looks like that is quite literally the only Achilles heel of that model. So, if a replacement were to be found, does it just pop on over the tailcap threads, in a similar fashion to the O-ring gasket?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this!!! :grin2:

Thanks guys,

Tom

archimedes

Flashaholic
You can make do with various O-rings and similar, but I'd start by calling SureFire.

Calling them and asking if they still have replacement rings.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you get a good result contacting SF.
I've made grip rings fir a Foursevens Quark using O rings, as Arch says.
I used two rings of similar I/D but of thicker profiles making a taper.
I glued mine together, but thats just me.
P

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which is just a flattened out o-ring that is probably commonly found somewhere else for dirt cheap. I use an o-ring on certain lights of my own to just such an effect. Works great really, and I didn't have to special order anything.

Maybe you could buy a Solarforce L2T and use the one that comes with it as a replacement. It really only lacks the notch to lock it into place on the C2. (I own both and yes I have tried it) You'd probably spend less on that than any other option save the contacting Surefire directly for a replacement.