Non Metallic Flashlights in AA or cr123/18650 form?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I need an all plastic flashlight (requirement for working in the subway incase you drop it on the third rail) - what's a good option in 3-4 AA or 123 format?

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya like already said grab a surefire G2 and drop a Malkoff M61L in it and be done. You can use 2X123 2X16340 or 1X16650.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitestick, Koehler bright star lights look like they fit the purpose

Runtime is more important than lumens - ideally 200 lumens for 5-6 hrs would be nice (if possible)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nice to see ya GB.

I bought the Night Stick from a farmer parts store thinking "yeah yeah yeah 100 lumens, uh huh" but was amazed at how far it throws. Only issue I could see was that plastic belt clip might break.
Then over the last few years I've seen that distinctive color and shape slid into pockets of tool belts on all kinds of linemen, mechanics, repairmen and such so I suppose the light itself holds up well, or perhaps they are company issued like Fulton and Bright Star were back in the good old days of the light bulb lights used by repair folks.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I guess I'll start with a nightstick or bright star and get something fancier if I need it. Good to see you around too, bykfixer

cp2315

Enlightened
Dorcy 190 lumen 4AA cyberlight (yellow) seems perfect for your use. 190 lumens for 5 hours. not too small not too big. good grip. throwy.
It is available on amazon for $16