• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB/WTT: 2x21700 Malkoff Tube + Regulated/White Incandescent

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't buy lights nearly as often anymore (which is okay) and I'm looking for two things, one that exists in the bottom of someone's parts/old lights box (I know these are out there!) and one that does not.

The Thing That I Don't Believe Exists

I have a Malkoff Wildcat head in a glorious warm white and high-CRI that is just simply delicious. I'd love to have a 2x21700 host/tube for it.

Anybody out there that can make me one?

Or:

Anybody out there who can cut down a "C" series Maglite, removing the junk at the top and/or bottom and make the Wildcat head fit?

The Thing I Know Exists and Lives in Someone's Parts Box/Brain

I'd like a quality incandescent which meets the following criteria:

1) Easy to obtain bulb/no freaking out if it burns out/breaks like a rare/expensive bulb
2) White, not yellow beam
3) Uses two or three cells (2x21700 protected or two or three LiFePO4 cells or even, an external, 9V LiFePO4 battery pack with a secure, heavy duty connecting cable...I supply pack...you supply light and make a connecting cable)
4) Either regulated for fixed output or if using two or three LiFePO4 cells or external battery pack...a fairly constant output with bright, white tint

I really would like a nice, regulated hotwire that accepts two or three LiFePO4 or LiCo cells that drives a non-boutique, not rare—easily obtainable—incandescent bulb.

I'd be willing to trade a brand new, sealed, never touched beyond the factory 5C or 6C Maglite to make it happen.

I can't check which size I have right now; however, I definitely have one of the two.

I'll also pay top dollar for one.

I'm a bit nervous about the prospect of using three LiCo cells in series but have no such qualms about using three LiFePO4 cells in series.

Thank you for stopping by!

NOTE: PM is disabled and I don't check the email in my sig super often so please post in the thread first if you want to reach out. :)

Last edited: