Red and green corrosion-resistant LED lights?

Buck13

Newly Enlightened
Many years ago, I made a red/green bow position light setup for my kayak using "LED-Lite" brand 3AA, 4 x 5 mm LED flashlights. These work great. They are bright enough, run for over 12 hours on a set of alkaline AAs, and are plastic, so no worries about sea water attacking the bodies (I don't really trust any anodized aluminum around sea water, long term...it's nasty stuff and most aluminum alloys can't really take it). The only problem was that the original O-rings were too thin and loose, but I replaced them with slightly thicker ones to tighten up the head/body seal and make it harder to twist for on/off security.

They still work, but every time I use them (only a couple of times per year) I worry that they will finally fail. I'd also like to have a second set for my partner's or kid's boat. The original light has been out of production for a long time, AFAIK.

Any suggestions for a light that comes with red or green LEDs and meets all of the above criteria, including run time?

I would attach photos, but not allowed. Not actually my first post, but I couldn't recover password for my old account, so I made a new one. I've actually been around here (rarely) for over a dozen years.

Thanks
Buck

nbp

Flashaholic
Welcome! You can post pics using a photo hosting site like imgur or similar. Also, if you know your old username, Admin may be able to recover that account for you.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
red/green bow position light setup for my kayak

welcome
hope you find something you like

I googled your quoted portion and it found this:

these are not the droids youre looking for
XtxtjzCl.jpg

Last edited: