• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Malkoff junkies! Assemble! Again... N219B M361 3000K/3500K

nimdabew

Enlightened
For those of you who couldn't, or didn't, get in on the first round of M361 drop-ins, I am doing a second round. It will be very similar to the first, but I am just going to make all the decisions and front all of the money again. If I can get a solid 20 people to agree to purchase, I will put in an order with Malkoff to make 30 drop-ins. I will have to get pricing and whatnot at a later date, but sufficiely to say, you do want one of these (again).

What: Malkoff M361 drop-in
Where: Right here!
When: As soon as I can get a solid 20 people. Extras will be sold beyond the secured spots in this GB thread.
Why: Because who doesn't love high CRI 3 mode malkoff?

Emitter: Nichia 219B SW30 D180 L2 R9080
Second Emitter: Nichia 219B SW35 D200 L2 R9080

How the breakdown will probably be: 25 SW30's and 10-15 SW35's. I will be fronting all of the money, so it is hard to put forth more than about 2.5k or so for all of the drop-ins. This is a labor of love, and I won't be making money off of the drop-ins. More info to follow.

--------------------------UPDATE--------------------------

I just got off the phone with Gene. Construction for the drop-ins are going to be $70/each. I can get the emitters for $3ish/LED, plus shipping to and from everywhere.

PRICE: I will get these to everyone for $75 + actual shipping for everything combined, which is $8.30 for a small flat rate box + LED shipping + gene shipping to me. Multiple drop-ins obviously will be only one flat rate box, but the cost of all the shipping costs will be divided evenly between all of the group buy drop-ins, however many that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

nimdabew

Enlightened
Re: Malkoff junkies! Assemble! Again...

Phase 1 –Sign-Up:

- Indicate your willingness to participate in the group buy by posting the following in the comments: "I'm in for QTY x"
- Posting that you want to participate is a firm commitment to buy. Others are depending on you! Don't indicate that you're going to participate if you're "just thinking about it." Think about it first, then decide, then sign-up.
- Sign-up will last through 0001 hours on March 1st, 2021.
- If we don't get to 20, then I will still buy the drop-ins on my own dime, but sell them at a higher price per dropin in a FS thread

20 is the minimum and I will do my best to include everyone who signs up prior to March 1st. 15 April

Phase 2 – Pre-Pay:

- No pre-pay! If you don't pay when the drop-ins come in within 7 days of "THERE ARE HERE" in this thread, you lose your reserved spot. I will finalize spots at the end of phase 1. Feel free to sell/trade/whatever your spots from phase 1, but there are a limit of the number of LEDs I can buy. My source doesn't have that many available, but it should be plenty for this group buy.

Phase 3 – Manufacturing:

- Once the deadline ends, I will be shipping the LEDs to Gene and he will do his thing. No more extras, or "oh snap, I didn't know this was happening, can I still get in?" I will be reserving a few extras if there is lack luster.

Phase 4 – Shipping to you:

- This phase starts when I receive the package from Gene.
- Small flat rate boxes are 8.30/box. I can probably shove 8 dropins into one flat rate box. I will not ship via bubble envelopes. I have recieved bubble envelopes with the springs broken off, crushed whats it called, etc. Boxes are easier and better.
- I will PM you the tracking number after I ship. Shipping is CONUS only.
- I will provide an option for insurance, if you want to pay extra for this.
- Once I ship to you and provide a tracking number, I'm out of the loop. I'm not responsible for lost or delayed items once USPS is in possession of your drop-in. If you're worried about this, I will provide an option for USPS insurance.

nimdabew

Enlightened

Design: This will have the dropins numbered. Person 1 on the next post will have 1 of xx, person 2 will have 2 of xx, etc. I will keep the thread list updated as often as I can.

The dropins will be engraved as follows: M361-CPF N219B 3000k #xx of xx

I am going to limit the total group buy however. There will be a set number of drop-ins that CAN be produced, and I am going to save two or three extra LED's for problems etc. with the manufacturing process. I am going to reserve a few extras for sale after for those rare few who don't check for GB's within the month and a half before I close the GB. I did not do this last time and I felt bad for those that really wanted one but the modules were already sent off to the factory. These extras will be sold at a slightly higher price however, so get in on the group buy!

nimdabew

Enlightened

N219B 3000k
1. nimdabew*
2. dotCPF*
3. elzilcho*
4. dotCPF*
5. Jimmyboots*
6. Celery*
7. Marco.weiss*
8. Renthall*
9. SJMack*
10. Carrot*

N219B 3500K
1. nimdabew*
2. id30209*
3. double_r76*
4. dotCPF*
5. PoliceScannerMan*
6. greatscoot*
7. marco.weiss*
8. dotCPF*
9. Celery*
10. Renthall*
11. SJMack*

nimdabew

Enlightened

I don't know the lumens levels, but it was slightly less than their 6000k M361 lights. I will try to find the picture I took of the last batch. PWM, maybe? It will just be the same M316 with a different color temp and high CRI.

LDyNrwIFE4wj9LMssUtrV5IgIw_6guePAMS9J1tQza2KCmaXav94UMl3_Qc1ipoS2AUw5tIPh544zJdcG72PEyDe9wAd0hf2GUgJT_l0cFi6-ld7J2nwICLiJ-eSIypBDrfAzYdgtRmuRy96t2Y8TtCfV475F-f6z-mBOzIgRJrGq83X8L90pAy_TwBRbfCOem06XvJryV2-jEWYGHNJIVf9f4Z5qVLcSe1uqOvZ3QZFDe1tFxKe7FlZAG0fthHZHBdIj35HRi5xTkVRdVPrxGfCOPo2iDQpUY7XtbbQYrZgEney8Tmjx1FJua8SgiabbQ8QjlWOy_zwjycZ1RCnb_EVnh1AqnlbZJNp3Vo8GJ4zpx99gpVNLsm38bBMTpJvYp7AZc6SX05Pb0RMP1q2nUFiKJJnGZDHLC9dVkUfXQPWRuPrZzwxHCkN-0o3D9Z8nv36IqAYTbNUfR2BgeeqdIM3Tw0v9bU5_pbA1hg2m-MCfRtuP474u60GXrnhRLPl0bkTI4TyjBT5yLQZ02KSLEBq8yGp0W9Omq3bBCQYvwW38y8hMIw7k_7fEUMdorbrjK7ZDF6gizZBWcLz1SDJobRdMOcgetg4BNniwKQz9b81UyyF6J5wcmmP39O8gcwzIX_66r8WzMf2m7EfEkInsAEosA2LFDJD9lffwS3_q7F-awq4X2zqEQig=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

I don't know the lumens levels, but it was slightly less than their 6000k M361 lights. I will try to find the picture I took of the last batch. PWM, maybe? It will just be the same M316 with a different color temp and high CRI.

Ok ty for the reply.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the voltage on these. 2x li-ion? 3x primary?

I'm in for one of each

thermal guy

Flashaholic

She will handle up to 6 volts but not recommend for high mode. One lithium is where are you want to be with this one.

nimdabew

Enlightened

wow, is that possible ?

We need a total of 20 dropins for the group buy. However we get across the line is all that matters. I thought there would be a higher demand for the 3000/3500K than there is now. Maybe I need to add M361 N219B 3000K to the title to generate new traffic.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am out specifically because of 219B. But appreciate the effort! LH351D and I am in :)