Photon leaked

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to use my "rare" wide beam Photon and not a peep. I opened it up to find rust everywhere. I cleaned it up with WD-40, replaced the batts and much to my relief it works normaly...the rust was only from the batts. But still...I shower with it on but thats it...very disapointing...maybe I didn`t have it closed right but it sure looked like it was. Anyone else having this problem?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hmmm... I just took a look at my "rare" wide-beam white Photon, and it's a II. With slide switch. The leaky kind. The kind that probably doesn't like being showered with. :-D

Not sure about the actual water resistance of a true Photon 1 case though. I only have that in UV, and I'm a bit leery of throwing that particular one in the sink, since I could not easily get another.

I did suction the end of the hosel where the LED is, and it didn't leak air.
Doesn't mean it won't leak water, but if it does it shouldn't just pour in.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, guess I should have mentioned it`s a Photon 3 but I think the Photon 1 uses the same seal concept. Thanks Craig.

Ken

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
[QB
Not sure about the actual water resistance of a true Photon 1 case though[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a lot of Photon I (and II) around here, as it was the first small LED light. And they are all far from waterproof. So we filled them with grease inside. Excess grease may come out soemtimes, but people don't care while caving...

Latest posts